Dog got some Easter chocolate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Under the moonlight, the serious moonlight.
And now she has some wicked , eye-watering gas. It's really, really horrid.

Other than that, she's fine. Just thought I'd share.
DSCN0929 (Medium).JPG

You do realize that chocolate can cause dogs to go into comas and die?

How much did he eat? A pound of milk chocolate can cause seizures in a 40 lb dog.

Oh, yeah. We had a small period of panic upon the realization of what she'd done. She didn't get enough to do any damage, thank God. We estimate that she got less than 3oz. But man, her farts burn your nostrils.

Oh, yeah. We had a small period of panic upon the realization of what she'd done. She didn't get enough to do any damage, thank God. We estimate that she got less than 3oz. But man, her farts burn your nostrils.

It's probably just begun for you... 3 or so ounces may cause her to have the s***s like you wouldn't believe, depending on weight.

You got a garage with a concrete floor? I'd let her sleep there tonight if you can. ;)

It's probably just begun for you... 3 or so ounces may cause her to have the s***s like you wouldn't believe, depending on weight.

You got a garage with a concrete floor? I'd let her sleep there tonight if you can. ;)

It's been about 10 hours or so. Some of the 3oz was peanut butter. We got home and could smell her as soon as we opened the door. Thankfully, there is a doggy door. She can come and "Go" as she pleases. I just hope the smell of her ass doesn't wake me up since she likes to sleep at our feet.

it depends on the size/weight of the dog.

one of my dogs has gotten into chocolate from time to time...no big deal with him, but a coworker spent well over $2k getting his pooch back to good health.

apparenty the toxic level in a dog for milk, is 1oz per pound. if you dog is 40 pounds, he could prolly eat a couple pounds and live with the s***z.

gave our wiener dog schults 2 kisses a night for 17 years. (12376 kisses) he died fat and happy. dogs turn into chocoholics on the first bite.

drink a couple beers, youre fine. guzzle grain, you die.

x5 on not giving dogs chocolate. :rolleyes:

Just went through this with our Lab.

My wife ended up in the hosptial and I was 3 hours late getting home to take our dog out.

Found it odd that she did'nt greet me at the door as normal. I turned around to find her shivering/shaking ON THE KITCHEN COUNTER. She must of thought we left her for dead. She ate 3 DOZEN chocolate chip cookies with bitter sweet chocolate chips (the darker the chocolate the worse it is for the dog). She was as round as she is long (mega pork barrel). I'm not sure if she was in pain or worried aboud hurting her self from the jump, but she stayed on the counter until I picked her up.

Called her breeder and he recommended using hydrogen peroxide to get her to puke. He has done this on 3 occasions with his dogs. I ended up forcing 1/3 of a bottle down. After a few minutes she emptied her stomach of the cookies and after 30 minutes or so she was interested in a few of her normal kibbles. I in no way recommend any one using the hydrogen peroxide, but it did work in my case. I needed to get the chocolate out of her stomach ASAP, just sharing the story.

My weim ate 4lbs. (yes 4 f'ing lbs.) of Hershey Milk Choc. bars last fall. She is about 60 lbs. Besides the vomitting of choc. all over the house and her running around like a fool for 4-5 hrs., she is fine. I was very worried since i had heard that it can be really bad for them. I guess she threw enough of it up that it did not get ingested.

Smit

Milk chocolate is not too bad. They will puke or s*** most of it out if they get too much. Semi sweet and baking chocolate are very bad.

We just went through this over the weekend with our 12 pound dachsund. We're guessing she ate 20 to 25 hershey kisses. She started puking so we called the animal ER, and they said to give her a tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide every 5 minutes until she was no long puking up chocolate, and then bring her in. So we did, and after about 20 minutes she was stammering around and dry-heaving. Pretty pitiful site, but she got it all up, and checked out okay.

If it was a chocolate Easter bunny, don't worry, mostly wax.

Give her some hard boiled eggs to help mask the smell ;)

My dog threw up the other day. In his vomit, I found grass, a rock, a cubic inch of rubber from one of his toys, and a couple of the metal rings like you would find on a tarp.

Well, this is as good a place as any, to warn fellow dog owners about the dangers of raisins (and grapes, I think). Several years ago, my dog got in my GORP (good ol' raisins and peanuts (plus m&ms)), and ate a large helping, I called animal poison control worried about all the m&ms, turned out he would have had to eat alot more, but the person helping me, was much more worried about the raisins, they can kill a dog, even just as much as is in one of those small snack boxes for kids, can do it. Some dogs are affected, others are not, and they were in the beginning stages of recognizing and tracking this toxic problem. Ended up giving the dog bread soaked in peroxide, and it puked up everything, so ended up being fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom