Doetsch shocks...Where to buy?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Full_Throttle

1985 BJ73 RHD
Threads
I have been reading up on what shocks to get for my ride. I have approx. 4" of lift and while I am doing my power steering conversion (Scout) I am adding the Ford shock towers. I want to try the Doetsch DT8000 series shocks, and all the threads I am reading say to buy them at summit. I have searched many places, summit , jegs, ect. but I am having trouble finding them for sale. Where is everyone getting their Doetsch shocks?

Thanks!!

I have seen more buzz for Bilsteins on this board (Romer and Poser specifically), and I LOVE mine :D

got them at LMT4x4, free shipping, great price.

Google their website and email them. The rep replied to me in a few days, I think for a truck with a 4" lift, it was 350 bucks including a new steering stabilizer.

I've heard a lot of good things about them, but I ended up going with skyjacker's instead, mostly becuase it seems the doetsch are hard to get.

I got mine from summit. Just call summit and explain what you want. If they don't have a part number for your lift, then contact Doetsch at their site and explain your needs. You can purchase directly from them. Summit might be a little cheaper. They are $42.00 each at Doetsch Tech

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/2.asp

I ran them on the rear of my Pig and really liked them. The DT8000's I ordered from Summit and I just gave them the part number, they ordered...$37.00.

I ran the Bilstein 5100's on my 80 series and found them to be "bouncier" but less harsh. THey handled bumps better, but they seemed to sway more, as if too soft for the 80 on coils. Sounds like they might be just right for Leaf applications though as leaves are generally stiffer.

Mock up your ford mounts and then measure Eye to eye to see what length you'll need.

When I was looking for them a few months ago I called Summit (after reading a bunch on here about them) and they told me they no longer carry or sell them except for some type of sport truck shock or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom