1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does your wife know what size clothes you wear?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by wesintl, Aug 9, 2005.

1. wesintl

wesintl

Media:
    Albums:
    So yesterday was my b-day and the wife thinks I need a set of clothes specifically for working on the cruiser. I do have those but sometimes changing is a hassle and I get a bit inolved in things after I noticed I need to change in to cruiserwear.

Anyway she bought me some carharrt T's and dungarees and some disc channel t's . The pants are pretty close to what I wear but she got me L for t shirts :confused: :confused: I haven't worn a L since like '83-84? She says but look how big this Large is. I said I don't care how big it is it ain't going to fit. She insisted I try it on. It's about as tight as one could possibly bear even for the 70's or 80's and she starts laughing. YAH.. no kidding I told you it wasn't going to fit. :rolleyes: I felt like she was going to pull out george micheal tickets or something :ban:

I'm really trying to simplify my life since she likes to shop and I don't but this happens every x-mas/bday. Do you guys have this issue too? I was hoping to have her broken in by now after 4 years :grinpimp:

2. Biff

Biff

I have the exact same situation. My wife likes buying me shirts-I tell her I only have a few pairs of shirts that I wear until I need a new one. She doesn't seem to understand that clothing is not a big priority for me, especially if I'm working on the cruiser. I got five years of trying to train her to no avail. Oh well she likes her shopping, and I like my cruiser. To this day I just tell her not to buy me anything because it won't fit, won't be my style, or will just be ignored and stuck in the closet. I swear I have over 10 pair of Ralph Lauren jeans that have never been woren, who the hell wears Ralph Lauren, unless your a :princess:

3. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster

Ya she has to get my briefs custom made because of the need for extra room in the front. :flipoff2:

I'm actually lucky because for her to go shopping I have to insist on it at which point she begins to argue that she doens't need anything. It's rare that she ever does say she needs a new outfit. She'll shop for the kids, but neither me or her. If I need something I'll just go pick it up.

4. camcruiser13

camcruiser13

Media:
    Albums:
    haha i wear a 32 waist and one day my wife brought home some 38's and was all excited for me to wear them. she's so cute, we got a good laugh non the less.

5. NorCalDoug

NorCalDoug problems solved daily...

After a few attempts...mine just lets me shop for my own stuff :D

The mother-in-law tries from time to time...but she's learned to include the recipt (or a gift receipt) to facilitate the returns process.

As for the title of the thread...yeah, mine knows what size I wear...but not necessarily what I like to wear. Or maybe it's that she wants me to wear something else? :confused:

:D

6. White Shark

White Shark

Media:
    Albums:
    My wife is my personal shopper, but she knows better than to pick stuff out for me. I tell her what I like and she locates the size. I always forget, but she remembers and digs through the piles of Carharts and shirts. She rocks.

7. SAS

SAS Seeking higher vistas

Media:
    Albums:
    Lucky me! My :princess: knows my size, my style, and my budget! She gets me stuff from Eddie Bauer, Land's End, and LL Bean when it's on sale...cheap!

She's perfect! :D