Does your wife daily drive your 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have seen this on the forum many times, and have to admit, I am a little puzzled by it. If this is your dream rig, complete with mods and hours of labor, why do you have your spouse drive it? Especially if she needs to jump to get in the car? I have come up with a couple guesses, but am curious to hear a few real answers--

1) The 80 is your safest/family car. Naturally, you want your wife and kids in it
2) You bought the car for her originally, but have fallen in love with it
3) She wants to drive it :princess:
4) You want to have your cake and eat it too :steer: (you have another ride you prefer daily but naturally can't give up the LC - so she drives it)

Did I miss any?

I originally bought the '97 for my wife but I fell in love w/ it. It was getting old asking her if I could drive the Cruiser to work so I bought another just for her.:D I still occasionally ask if I could drive her's to work.:p Even w/ higher mileage her driver's seat just feels more comfortable.:steer::)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have seen this on the forum many times, and have to admit, I am a little puzzled by it. If this is your dream rig, complete with mods and hours of labor, why do you have your spouse drive it? Especially if she needs to jump to get in the car? I have come up with a couple guesses, but am curious to hear a few real answers--

1) The 80 is your safest/family car. Naturally, you want your wife and kids in it
4) You want to have your cake and eat it too :steer: (you have another ride you prefer daily but naturally can't give up the LC - so she drives it)

Did I miss any?

Part of 4. I don't prefer the Tacoma but when she has the 80 it's Tacoma, motorcycle or bike for me :meh:
:D

Kent

No!

I fit #'s 1, 3, and 4. My wife and I are planning on having children and it seems safer than most vehicles around. I daily drive a sports car. I drive both my Cobra and the 80 when my wife isn't using it. My wife likes driving the 80, she can make her own exits on the freeway and jump curbs. Both of our vehicles are my dream cars. My wife can't drive a standard (I'm working on it), so she naturally drives the automatic 80.

Did I miss any?
Yes she does and I would say for reason 3,4. I have other vehicles that need to be driven too.

1&3.......................................

My wife does not drive my 80. She drives her 80. Mine does not have pink elephants plastered all over it...:flipoff2:
Copy of rubithon2008 182.jpg
Copy of rubithon2008 211.jpg

4) You want to have your cake and eat it too :steer: (you have another

I once had a Tundra, my wife had a Trooper. I knew I wanted an 80 for myself. When the Trooper died. I bought her an LX450. It was going to always be her vehicle since it didn't have lockers and I wanted a lighter color.

As soon as the lease ran out on the Tundra, I got an 80 for myself. My wife has never driven my 80.

Hers:

Mine:

What about a 16 year old teenager? Driving a 93 FZJ that is older than he is. He loves it even hyper miles 15 -17 in town. It has been well maintained he’s surrounded by three tons of iron and steel up high. No one wants to race him but when he takes his buddies off road he is king of the hill.

Just got back from a Colorado camping 4wd trip, he drove. Among other things did Imogene Pass from Ouray to Telluride, check it out on traildamage.com. I see why wife doesn’t want to do this any more I’ve always been driving looking 4 feet head. She’s the one that has been soaking it all in including the 1,600 ft passenger side drops when you go on a pass that tops off a 13,000ft.

I replaced her Focus with something I'd rather do work on, and would have help. She was all about it, as she's been going on most of the rides and tells me repeatedly that it's time for sliders and a lift... I drive a Ford Freestyle since I'm the school bus. It's got a little more pep than the 80 also. When I don't have to drop the daughter off at daycare than it's the 40...

My wife does not drive my 80. She drives her 80. Mine does not have pink elephants plastered all over it...:flipoff2:

I like how the pink elephants are there to cover the fender flare holes!

The :princess: does not drive my 80 anymore because I let her do it once on a milk run and it came back without a passenger side marker light. She hit the shopping cart holder outside the store. Yeah, i could write it off as battle damage... But at the grocery store:censor:!

That would be pure crazy...

Do you have any idea what happens when you start a story with "so the other day when my wife was driving the 80..."

......:D

eh she drives her 80 and i drive mine:steer:

Yup.

When my wife wanted a safer vehicle we bought the LX450. I was hoping to drive that one and have her drive the FJC. I wanted an older vehicle I could carry wood/materials in without thinking about scratching the interior and such.

But after a few weeks with both, she picked the LX. Now the old leather I didn't have to worry about is waiting to be replaced by the set I ordered from AATLAS1X.

I am just happy she liked one of them (she is good with the FJC as well). She gets much more respect on the road then she did in her Camry.

Now she keeps eying those ARB bumpers. Ha, I don't even like them, but I see one in our future...

1, 3, and 4...

I bought her the 80 as I have had company cars and trucks and could justify the modest mileage as it was the only vehicle we paid for fuel and maintenance. Today, it's still her first choice, as she usually has our kids (and their friends) with her.

...plus I get a lot more flexibility in spending the $$$ to do the mods!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom