does vac hose length matter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Howdy-

Stupid question maybe... does the exact length of the vacuum hose matter? if i have a hose that is a little loose but cut off an inch or less to get some fresh hose on the nozzle is that gonna affect anything?? i searched and coupldn't come up with any pertinent threads.

Thanks.

Some guys think length matters. The women I've talked to say no. I think you're safe to trim it a bit.

I hate it when my hose is a little loose, but wouldn't want to loose an inch either...

There are nearly 40 ft of hose on 60's, cutting a few inches off here or there isn't going to make any difference. FWIW though, replacement hose isn't that expensive. Check the archives for part no's/etc. CDan is the man for this stuff.

lovetoski said:
CDan is the man for this stuff.
I consider C-Dan a friend and a neighbor, but I have to say that the OEM stuff is a total ripoff (sorry Dan). I know several people who've had very good luck with silicone vacuum lines sold in bulk available through some industrial suppliers or European car repair shops. 3mm ID I think.

not if you buy it using the secret part #.......:)

Cruisergreg said:
I consider C-Dan a friend and a neighbor, but I have to say that the OEM stuff is a total ripoff (sorry Dan). I know several people who've had very good luck with silicone vacuum lines sold in bulk available through some industrial suppliers or European car repair shops. 3mm ID I think.

thanks

ok thanks for the feedback. i would invest in new hose but bertha is running really s***ty-like and i am about to change out her tranny screen to see if it helps, so i do not want to drop more cash on this here truck, for things that might wait a bit, if she has more serious problems ie. tranny problems, to drain my currently very shallow pockets. i do not have confidence that the new tranny screen is gonna solve her major problems, but i am a newbie, what do i know. :eek:

Landpimp said:
not if you buy it using the secret part #.......:)
Hah! Guess I'll have to have a heart to heart with Dan as I thought I had the magic part number when I bought the OEM stuff several years ago.

No worries, though. Now I just hit the local Pep Boys, Checker, 7-11, whatever for my automotive parts needs. #.......:)

3.5mm ID actually. There are two common length part numbers, one of which is 2/3 of a meter in length and one that is one meter in length. The 2/3 meter hose is less than 2 bucks a section while the one meter one is 10 bucks. I have no idea why the vast difference. I think that there are maybe two runs on a 60 that are longer than 25 inches and those would be the only ones to require the one meter hose. You could also join two sections togther for the long runs.

Length does not matter only any of the lines. Actually the shorter the lines the better since there is less hose to keep under vacuum.

Just make sure it is not to short that it gets in the way or causes problems with other stuff. The silicone stuff works great.

Goodluck

Makes absolutely no difference

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom