Does Toyota still make these Wheels? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

74HogGuy

Lifetime Rookie
Threads
Does anyone know if you can still buy these anywhere?

I currently have the typical wagon wheels...also will this style work with disc brakes? (Just need to plan for that future conversion!)

Thanks - JP
New Tires.jpg

You can still get them from SOR or cruiserparts.net. You can also pick up a set of FJ60 chrome ones and get them blasted and powder coated to match. Yes those work with the later model disc breaks in the front which is found on the later 40s.

You could get them from Toyota a couple years ago, just like they are pictured.

I have four in boxes at the shop.

:meh:

You could get them from Toyota a couple years ago, just like they are pictured.

I have four in boxes at the shop.

:meh:

Are you needing to make some room? ;)

I bought 5 from a place in California for $35/piece last year. sandblast and powdercoated looks better than new....i found them on a google search

You can try your local Toyota dealer, post up in the parts wanted section, or keep an eye out in the parting out / parts section. They will work with disc brakes.

Does anyone know the parts number for these?

I ran over to the local dealership today and they thought it may be:
Superceded (42601-35260-05) Old (42601-60130-05)

Can anyone confirm this? The black/white picture image in their system just looked liked old steelies to me...Thanks - JP

How is the backspacing when compared to the OEM 40 series 15" wheels?
It makes sense for me to switch to 16" wheels as our 80 & 100 both use 285s, which are a perfect for our 40.
Thanks!

The wheels pictured are 15" from a later model 40 series and were the same dimensions, but chrome for the US 60 series.

Ahhh!
I thought it was a 16"
We have a non-USA steel OEM 16" wheel as my second spare for our 80.
As I don't have an OEM 15" 40 series wheel I was curious if anyone knew if the backspacing was similar?

they were also available on early 80 mini trucks. same dimensions as my set from an '82 40
P4080037.jpg
P4080038.jpg

Ahhh!
I thought it was a 16"
We have a non-USA steel OEM 16" wheel as my second spare for our 80.
As I don't have an OEM 15" 40 series wheel I was curious if anyone knew if the backspacing was similar?

I always forget FJ40 size/backspacing, I believe it's 15"x5.5"x3.5" bs or something. Someone will correct me.

Stock 80 is 16"x8"x4.5" bs I believe, at least for alloy wheels.

Last edited:
Does anyone know the parts number for these?

I ran over to the local dealership today and they thought it may be:
Superceded (42601-35260-05) Old (42601-60130-05)

Can anyone confirm this? The black/white picture image in their system just looked liked old steelies to me...Thanks - JP

The wheels pictured are 15" from a later model 40 series and were the same dimensions, but chrome for the US 60 series.

True. You can still buy them but they are 15x6. $208.64 each with the MUD discount. They are in very limited supply though.

What about the orignal Skinny Wheels....

Any idea of thoes...

The older 15x5.5 can still be ordered through Toyota but they come in black primer. Not sure about the split rims.

Sorry mate do you know how much these cost and do you have any pics...

Cheers

They were around $80 per wheel last I checked. They are the type with hubcap clips, for the chrome hubcaps, like on this 40
image-1915448230.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom