Does Toyota make a inside

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.flickr.com
rear view mirror that has the day/night feature on it.

Antoine

For the FJ40?

No. Back in the day of the manual choke, you were expected to actually reach up and manually adjust your own ******* mirror.

No. Back in the day of the manual choke, you were expected to actually reach up and manually adjust your own ******* mirror.
How did primitive man cope :)

My 83 Bj42 has the manual version pull the tap on the bottom and it reduces the headlight glare from behind , not offered on the earlier years

Last edited:
did a quick look at the bj42 cdn version and it shows part number 87810-90801 as the mirror (10/1982 - 09/1984) and it shows they have it instock at champion toyota in tx as well as Mike Calvert Toyota in texas....you may want to check them out :)

the part doesnt specify if it has night/day feture

I expect to manually flip a lever.

There are many including me, who have upgraded 80 series rearview mirrors to the Gentex auto-dim mirror. A Gentex auto-dim mirror with compass, temp and homelink would be cool in a 40 series, and I have given it some thought. A metal bracket and some wiring looks fairly easy to do, but I've yet to see it done. It is one of those future project when I get my other issues resolved.

Speedee Sticker, my inspection place, says I need one. I have a mirror though, it is just craptastic. I just wanted a more modern one.

Rear view mirrors? Who needs em? I don't need rear view mirrors? I know where I have been. I need forward mirrors? P.S. Can you just replace the mirror head only on The 40?

That's neat.

There are many including me, who have upgraded 80 series rearview mirrors to the Gentex auto-dim mirror. A Gentex auto-dim mirror with compass, temp and homelink would be cool in a 40 series, and I have given it some thought. A metal bracket and some wiring looks fairly easy to do, but I've yet to see it done. It is one of those future project when I get my other issues resolved.

Rear view mirrors? Who needs em? I don't need rear view mirrors? I know where I have been. I need forward mirrors? P.S. Can you just replace the mirror head only on The 40?

new OEM rear view mirrors are, like, ~$20 complete from Kurt

So will the 83 42 series version bolt up to the mounting holes for earlier 40 series? Could be a nice upgrade. I got to hold on with both hands!! :steer: :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom