does this seem right for 350 temps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read about most upgrading there radiator cause they have put in a 350. rig is new to me, and I am trying to figure out things.
but my temps seem low or my gauge is reading wrong.

mine sometime will get close to the bar and this reading is just around town driving really on a day when its in the 70's.

curious what most foiks are getting wtih stock gauges.
cruisergauge.jpg

stock gauge ,350 ,stock rad ,mine reads usually around the first bar and can hit the second bar on a hot day ,i am using an old gauge with a new sender ,i don't have an aftermarket guage anymore. but when i did i new as long as i stayed below the second bar i was O.K. but i really don't no what my temps are either last i could remeber it was running around 180 regularly but i could be wrong no after market gauge :doh:

That's perfectly normal... your gauge not giving you anything concrete. You need to put a gauge on with numbers so you know what temp you are running. The stock gauge is little more than an idiot light. Otherwise, you are simply guessing.

:cheers:

That's perfectly normal... your gauge not giving you anything concrete. You need to put a gauge on with numbers so you know what temp you are running. The stock gauge is little more than an idiot light. Otherwise, you are simply guessing.

:cheers:

Exactly.

Mine runs at about 190. At times it gets to about 200-210, but that is under load. Long hills on the highway and hotter outside temps affect it as well. I have a 4 core radiator and an electric fan that helps keep it all in the normal temp range.

i installed a summit universal aluminum radiator it runs at 180 cruising and 190 under load. i have a large metal truck fan with no clutch. loud but it keeps it cool.

thanks,
good places to get a gauge? or is any type I want. I am sure there are many flavors to choose from. then I have to figure where to plug it in.

any suggestions on placement?
Cheers

From my experience, with the 350's and the stock radiators for the 6 cylinders, the operating temperature will run around 190 and fluctuate to 210. The aluminum radiators made for the 350 conversions will help alleviate that, but they are pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom