Does this look right? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Before I call MAF to complain. This doesn't look right to me but maybe I am supposed to just force the bolt through it?

Picture005.jpg

you could "clean" it up with an exacto knife or a punch and "git er done" And you do not seem to have it centered to start with??

you could "clean" it up with an exacto knife or a punch and "git er done" And you do not seem to have it centered to start with??

It is where it is to show the 1 hole lines up while the other doesnt. I initially centered it but the bolt wouldnt go through, you can see where the bolt was hitting on the gasket when it was centered.

I definately could cut a hole in it, but I don't want the wrong gasket / seal in anything. Although in this case it prob won't matter.

What I was wondering is if this is the correct gasket or not.

Anyone know?

definitely not OEM/part number correct, but it should work. just center it and extend the bolt holes

I'd buy some gasket paper and make one and I'm only a young fella:flipoff2:

There are two gaskets; one for 1968-7/80 and another for 8/80-8/92. I would assume that you were sent the wrong year gasket.

I tried MAF for this in the past and got the same gasket you have. I bought the one pictured from CCOT for around $3 and it fit perfectly. It fits '58-7/'80, as they say.

LINK --------> Thermostat

:cheers:

There are two gaskets; one for 1968-7/80 and another for 8/80-8/92. I would assume that you were sent the wrong year gasket.

:cheers:

Why not just call your local Toyota dealer for OE quality parts? Most recognize the TLCA and many other groups and will discount to earn your business.

My .02

Shane

OR, why don't you just follow the exacto knife recommendation (path of least resistance at this point) and have the whole dilemma resolved in about 1 minute?????

OR, why don't you just follow the exacto knife recommendation (path of least resistance at this point) and have the whole dilemma resolved in about 1 minute?????

Or make a new one out of poster board from your wife's scrap booking supplies. :rolleyes:

What is this an episode of Survivor man?

Two things I have learned over the years with Toyota is that you use F.I.P.G. and factory gaskets.

Thanks for the input. I did follow the path of least resistance but my question was does this look right not what should I do about it. So far no leaks. Thanks everyone once again.

True, one is the 2 bolt thermostat housing and the other is the 4 bolt.

Why not just call your local Toyota dealer for OE quality parts? Most recognize the TLCA and many other groups and will discount to earn your business.

My .02

Shane

I'm with Shane and Johnny C on this one. The OE gasket is made of a superior material to the one you have shown, and will far outlast it. Since I have to warranty what I install, and I don't want to do the job twice, that is the only gasket I would recommend for that application.

And, FWIW, I strongly dislike the one CCOT offers. This is just one of those OE-is-best situations IMO.

Best

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom