1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does this fuel pump look bad to you?

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by Scoutkid, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Scoutkid

Scoutkid

Ok, so i got one of these:

[​IMG]

And i see this:

[​IMG]

It looks a little wet, should i replace it? It is supposedly pretty new. I am having a bit of a 'hiccup' that seems fairly cyclical, and when my scout has done this it always seemed to lead to a new fuel pump... By hiccup i mean that is hesitates for just a second, under about any RPM, pulling under load or not.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. MR.FJ60

MR.FJ60

It looks like it could be leaking a bit. U might just need to tighten the hoses that are comming out of the pump. Get some real hose clamps to tighten it instead of those stock ones that are in the pic. Good luck.

3. Southbound

Southbound

Maybe the hiccups could be caused by a bad fuel filter? Those tend to get clogged if a truck sits for a while. Might want to start there since that's a super easy fix.

I'd defintely check the pump hoses before doing anything with the pump.

4. Scoutkid

Scoutkid

I will try both of those things. It has a pretty new, within a few hundred miles, filter on it, but i do have an extra. I will also try the better clamps. It does look like it is just leaking down from the upper hose doesn't it?

Also, any of you FJ60 guys here in town feel like coming and showing me the ropes for how to tune a 2F? :D I have all the tools, just not the know how, and i would love to learn and shoot the bull!! Let me know!

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

5. 3_puppies

3_puppies SILVER Star

make sure a PO didn't put on another filter somewhere else. and yes it does look like it's coming down from that one hose.

6. Scoutkid

Scoutkid

I will take a look but the PO was my mom for the last 100XXX miles, lol. In all these years i don't THINK anyone put another one on, but i will definately take a hard look! Excellent advice!

7. loeky

loeky

moms can be notoriously creative in how they deal with problems. definitely take a look for a hidden filter.

from the looks of that picture i think a $2 host clamp will properly seal off that hose coming off from the right side.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">