Does This Belong to My 1975 FJ40? (Small Plastic and Magnet Thing) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was power washing under the hood when I found this thing magnetically clinging to the passenger side firewall support, just above where the harness comes out and below the metal box where the Speedo cable makes a 90° turn. The metal part is a reasonably strong magnet, but not so strong that it couldn't have existed in 1975 ... in a Toyota.

Never seen anything like this before, and I strongly suspect it's not Land Cruiser-related, but if it is then I'll be pissed that I tossed in in the trash.

Can anyone rule it out? Thanks for looking!

IMG_20220508_153017_hdr.jpg

IMG_20220508_152935_hdr.jpg

IMG_20220508_152925_hdr.jpg

I was power washing under the hood when I found this thing magnetically clinging to the passenger side firewall support, just above where the harness comes out and below the metal box where the Speedo cable makes a 90° turn. The metal part is a reasonably strong magnet, but not so strong that it couldn't have existed in 1975 ... in a Toyota.

Never seen anything like this before, and I strongly suspect it's not Land Cruiser-related, but if it is then I'll be pissed that I tossed in in the trash.

Can anyone rule it out? Thanks for looking!

View attachment 3003582

View attachment 3003583

View attachment 3003584
My money is on that belonging in the end of a small diameter pipe with a handle and is the end of a magnet stick someone was likely using working on said rig at some point. They work great to retrieve dropped hardware and tools from areas a hand won't fit in. (When still attached to the stick, looks like that one has a pretty short reach currently)

that's the inside of my BIC ink pen clicker thing .........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom