Does it ever end? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As soon as I fix my front wheel bearings, again; install a front Aussie; and add some Aisin hubs with Long hub gears....

Death wobble above ~30mph - looks like I need ALL new steering components, nothing feels tight or doesn't look bent
Speed-O still broken - gonna be the expensive part
Wont run for s*** - EFI relay wires still need to be done..IF that's even the real issue
Smokes from the tail pipe - who knows
Power steering pump goes out - fluid everywhere!
Need ANOTHER spindle - @ $250 a pop from CDan, one put me in the red already

Plus...having to take a semester off cause of grades, while the economy sucks, and my always great paying job is barely there (3 days a week max, last week got none...looks like Thursday and Friday are getting rained out...hopefully still get some hours Wednesday).

Life is just wonderful :rolleyes: Being more broke than I was up at college is even better.

Been waiting on a new job since January, but the economy has been holding my potential employer back....no other options within 50 miles that I have found yet. Anyone hiring? Don't have much of a work background other than Well Pumps and general Home Depot groupie type work.

You should install a Ford 460.

But at least you have the far superior SF rear axle.

This is why i have more than one cruiser.

More cruisers to play with, but on the other hand, more cruisers to put me in the hole.

460 would solve a pair of those problems. You're right, I do have the rear axle thing down...no issues there.

Yea...I'd love and plan to have more than one cruiser one day. Would just have to play nice with the rest of them.

How did you break one, let alone two spindles??

This sounds like me.... I fix one thing and something else needs fixing.
I've had the truck for 2 1/2 years now and barely wheeled it due to constant repairs.
I'm getting there and as I said in the other thread i'll let you know when a find the source of my death wobble. If I were you i'd replace the TRE's and Rods and start there.

42" bias ply Swampers will solve your problems, they're the best.

40x16r16 LTBs....atleast until I get tons. :grinpimp:

Yep. Seems like wheeling a 17 year old truck just means replacing worn out parts.

Break them? Nah...just got water in the wheel bearings and it locked up on the spindle and scored one terribly and the other just enough that money was the only reason I let myself put it back in (or lack there of). That spindle could be part of the reason for the wobble...so could a million other things considering how bad it was. I guess I'm lucky it isn't worse...then again it still could be.

Trunion bearings have anything to do with death wobble? They have been replaced since I've owned the truck, but I didn't replace them when I did the gears nor this last time when I installed the locker and hubs. Got new ones though to install with longs and hopefully it'll last that long and a new spindle too.

40x16r16 LTBs....atleast until I get tons. :grinpimp:

Yep. Seems like wheeling a 17 year old truck just means replacing worn out parts.

Break them? Nah...just got water in the wheel bearings and it locked up on the spindle and scored one terribly and the other just enough that money was the only reason I let myself put it back in (or lack there of). That spindle could be part of the reason for the wobble...so could a million other things considering how bad it was. I guess I'm lucky it isn't worse...then again it still could be.

Trunion bearings have anything to do with death wobble? They have been replaced since I've owned the truck, but I didn't replace them when I did the gears nor this last time when I installed the locker and hubs. Got new ones though to install with longs and hopefully it'll last that long and a new spindle too.

If the trunion bearings are worn I guess it's possible. If their not seated right I guess it's even more possible. Start with the stuff that is right there to get to though. That would be one of the last things I check.

just got water in the wheel bearings and it locked up on the spindle and scored one terribly and the other just enough that money was the only reason I let myself put it back in (or lack there of). That spindle could be part of the reason for the wobble...

Unless the spindle is really messed up, you should be able to check the wheel bearing fit on the spindle by simply jacking the tire off the ground and grabbing the tire at the top and bottom and rock in/out. If there is any wobble in the bearing you could try retightening and inspect again. Keep in mind that if you have any looseness in your wheel bearings, it will affect your alignment and tire wear. First check the wheel bearings and go from there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom