Does anyone recognize this? I think its an electrical switch cover. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a massively deformed driver side defroster vent, which i managed to get round enough to get the defroster tube onto it. When cleaning up I found the item pictured below on the floor mat. Its plastic, about 20 mm x 20 mm square and not quite 18 mm tall. I can't find anything that looks like it is missing a cover up in the dash area. Right now I do have the Instrrument cluster out, because the odometer doesn't work / speedometer does work and I am going to see if I can get the odometer running again. I am hoping someone has seen this cover, or what I believe is a cover, and can tell me what and where it is.

I realize this is not something where I have a high percentage of getting an answer, given that I can't narrow down where it comes from other than drivers side and somewhere behind the dashboard. But someone may know exactly what it is and if I don't ask they can't tell me.
IMG_7527.jpeg
IMG_7529.jpeg

Never seen that.
Sorry

Like I said, I’m aware that this is an extreme long shot but I spent 20-30 minutes looking at the wiring behind the dash after finding it on the driver’s side of the floor and didn’t see anywhere that looked like it was missing that sized cover. But I don’t have anything to lose and someone may have seen a cover like this and recognize it.

Aftermarket flasher cover would be my guess.

I had a massively deformed driver side defroster vent, which i managed to get round enough to get the defroster tube onto it. When cleaning up I found the item pictured below on the floor mat. Its plastic, about 20 mm x 20 mm square and not quite 18 mm tall. I can't find anything that looks like it is missing a cover up in the dash area. Right now I do have the Instrrument cluster out, because the odometer doesn't work / speedometer does work and I am going to see if I can get the odometer running again. I am hoping someone has seen this cover, or what I believe is a cover, and can tell me what and where it is.

I realize this is not something where I have a high percentage of getting an answer, given that I can't narrow down where it comes from other than drivers side and somewhere behind the dashboard. But someone may know exactly what it is and if I don't ask they can't tell me.View attachment 3031384View attachment 3031385

Your mystery part is Eazy Peezy to identify

I am 💯 % certain that your 20mm x 20mm x 18mm tall black plastic Cube is NOT a Toyota Genuine Part in any way ….

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom