Does anyone make 1/4" Skid Plates? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just as the top says. The only ones I've seen on the market so far are 3/16" which, considering how much the 200 series weighs, seem weak.

I also have a Tacoma, and we use the 1/4" skid plates from Bay Area Metal Fab. They've been great and we haven't had issues crawling. I've previously had the 3/16" ones before and they get bent to hell so easy, so something beefier would be great.

Have you looked at Budbuilt?

Just call budbuilt! No need to waste time with other skids. Budbuilt’s the best! They’re skids are over engineered, if they don’t see a need to make 1/4” skids it’s because you don’t need them.

We dragged an LX570 with blown AHC sitting on it's bumpstops for miles on the Rubicon trail, he had Bud Built skids and they held up pretty damn good being it was sitting on the ground. I'd buy the Bud Built and call it good, just my 2 cents 🥴

198686502_972123833543159_5987116046311553004_n.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe next time put the wheels on it when dragging it? :rofl:
If you've ever done Rubicon, wheels don't help much 🤪

I dragged an LX570 with blown AHC sitting on it's bumpstops for miles on the Rubicon trail, he had Bud Built skids and they held up pretty damn good being it was sitting on the ground. I'd buy the Bud Built and call it good, just my 2 cents 🥴

View attachment 2700946

Suddenly my heaviest-SS-they-make BBs look brand new… lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom