Does anyone know which way this faces !!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was fixing a vacuum hose leak for a P0446 code I believe and I finally figured out that one of my vacuum hoses under my throttlebody wasn’t connected to my vacuum switching valve but I also saw this which I believe it only allows air to go one way because I blew through it and only blew one way and when I tried to suck it didn’t come through any ideas on what it is or which way it should be facing .

Sorry if the grammar is a little bad I’m speaking to my phone because my hands are covered in grease

image.jpg

Without knowing what year and where the line is exactly it's only a guess... But on my 95 I just popped the hood and the closest thing I can find is seen through the intake while standing at the driver's fender. There's a black valve mounted there then a short piece of line then a valve like you have pictured then it runs up somewhere. My valve is reversed from what you have pictured (short hose to black side of valve).

There may still be a vacum diagram on the drivers side of your hood. Sticker on the inside you'll see with hood open.
May even be a tiny arrow on that check valve.

Connect it as is....clear the code...if code comes back
turn it the other way.

I found this.

EGR 21.jpg

I was fixing a vacuum hose leak for a P0446 code...

What kinda car? I don't see that code for a 1FZ, didn't know they would/could set evap codes?

Without knowing what year and where the line is exactly it's only a guess... But on my 95 I just popped the hood and the closest thing I can find is seen through the intake while standing at the driver's fender. There's a black valve mounted there then a short piece of line then a valve like you have pictured then it runs up somewhere. My valve is reversed from what you have pictured (short hose to black side of valve).
Yea thanks and sorry for the vague description. But your right it was flipped thanks boss

I was fixing a vacuum hose leak for a P0446 code I believe and I finally figured out that one of my vacuum hoses under my throttlebody wasn’t connected to my vacuum switching valve but I also saw this which I believe it only allows air to go one way because I blew through it and only blew one way and when I tried to suck it didn’t come through any ideas on what it is or which way it should be facing .

Sorry if the grammar is a little bad I’m speaking to my phone because my hands are covered in grease

View attachment 2032499
You'll find those pieces (for the FZ) with P/Ns in this thread:

Master Thread: Belts and Hoses (with P/Ns)

Project truck is a '95. At least one photo shows the parts in-place on the vehicle.

Nooo cus then i need to remove the whole throttle body again to get under it
You can change those vacuum hoses without removing the manifold--but the TB's gotta go. On a '95 anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom