Does anyone know where to find this style of wheel for 100 series in the States? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
download (1) steelies.png

I guess I could go 18"s but have 16"s on it now. So much we can't get here in North America. I like the old school look of those steelies .

18" or 16"? 18's are easy to find stateside, 16's you'll have to import from overseas.
Any idea where to import from? What vehicle did this come off of, a 100/105 spare?

Looks like its a 70 series wheel and they came in 16x6 and 16x6.5 according to something I read. I'm not sure if that's wide enough to run a larger tire.

I'm not sure if that's wide enough to run a larger tire.
It is - AKA the poor man’s beadlocks. Most chain tire stores like Discount Tire won’t mount anything wider than 10” on them, but independent tire shops will. I had a set of 37 x 12.50s mounted on 7.5” wide rims by an Indy tire shop without batting an eye.

It is - AKA the poor man’s beadlocks. Most chain tire stores like Discount Tire won’t mount anything wider than 10” on them, but independent tire shops will. I had a set of 37 x 12.50s mounted on 7.5” wide rims by an Indy tire shop without batting an eye.

Oh really? That's good to know! Does the narrow wheel really help keep a bead better?

Oh really? That's good to know! Does the narrow wheel really help keep a bead better?
At low air pressures off-road, yes. The only downside is that at highway speeds, you sometimes get slight tire folding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom