Does anyone know what this plug hole in the dash is for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1602092713811.png

Non-USA models had a throttle lock knob with a cable routed to the throttle pedal.

USA 60's did not.
USA 62's did.
OP showed a picture of a 60 and is from SC.

Switch for a vacuum actuated transfer case.

Also, I added to the hand throttle to my truck. 1/87 60 series.

It helped with the following:

Running the winch or on board air compressor hard. The alternator keeps up easily off idle.

High idle to avoid temperature from creeping with the AC on in 110* Texas heat. A 1300rpm idle keeps the truck under 200* for extended idles.

I would not suggest trying the hand throttle on the highway. Trust me.

Thanks hemialex. I figured as much.

In Australia, both the 60 and 62 had carby's.
One side of the steering wheel was the choke (left side), the other side of the steering wheel was the hand throttle. Pull it out and give it a half turn to lock it.
It was not supposed to be used as a cruise control, but rather in heavy country, you could set the hand throttle and negate foot bounce on the accelerator pedal.
Also comes in handy in deep sand when you can set the throttle to the right revs and get out and push. (Not too fast stupid - when it finally climbs up and grips you need to be able to catch it!!!!! My brother 'might' have said this to me once.....)

Diesel 60 series cruisers (BJ-, HJ-) use the same dash and it is again fitted with a throttle control knob and cable.

Do you have these in stock? The one that reads “throttle”? If so, how much? Can’t seem to find them on your site. Thanks

Do you have these in stock? The one that reads “throttle”? If so, how much? Can’t seem to find them on your site. Thanks

Please PM me
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom