Does anyone know what these connections are called 1991 fj80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

90987-02004 is the OEM EFI relay from 1991-1997.
28300-16010 is the substitute plastic housing relay from a Camry.
Thank you…I’ve been searching for the plastic #. Do you agree that the plastic replacement is better? More heat resistant maybe 🤔

Thank you…I’ve been searching for the plastic #. Do you agree that the plastic replacement is better? More heat resistant maybe 🤔
i have been running the plastic relay for 4 yrs now and not have a single problem with relay overheating and i am in hot SoCal desert...

Ordered the fusible link from Wits’End…great place . He was out of EFI relays but, my local dealership had some.
I want to say thank you again to Jon and Marco .I feel more confident now as we head into it.

i have been running the plastic relay for 4 yrs now and not have a single problem with relay overheating and i am in hot SoCal desert...
Good to know. I wasn’t able to get the plastic one locally ( in time for Saturday) But I did find a genuine Toy. I am going to get a plastic one on order. I thank you….more than know.

Good to know. I wasn’t able to get the plastic one locally ( in time for Saturday) But I did find a genuine Toy. I am going to get a plastic one on order. I thank you….more than know.
Update; Sooo…. On the Friday night, before my big Saturday. I tested the battery and it was at 11.9 ( new battery but it had set for a week) I plugged in the new OEM EFI relay and then I disconnected both terminals from the battery (something I read about a reset) and left them off all night. On Saturday morning the first thing I did was look at the fusible link and noticed it had that it had some jump wires on it and a make shift connector into the plug . It looked like the clip on the connector (male) had been broken and wrapped heavy with tape. Took all that off put the new link on ( from Wit’s) , hooked all back up put my finger on the new EFI relay as it we cranked it ( could feel the relay click and it started right up , no problem. I did a quick check on the battery after running for 15 minutes, it read 12.16. I turned it off and on several times ( noting the CEL was working in the ON and crank positions) it restarted about 6 times. I took it for a drive, keeping it running for an hour and 15 mins. I shut it off did a couple more restarts, all seemed ok. Before I put the tools away, I decided to let it cool down. Checked the battery voltage again and got a 12.14.Two hours passed, I tried a restart and no luck. No CEL.(dead zone).It went back to the beginning ( after fusible link repair). At this point we took time to look for any bad grounds or connections ( mostly the starter, solenoid and battery).Checked the battery, got a 12.9 read. While in the dead zone we did a spark plug test ….key on no spark. So disconnected both battery terminals (just like Friday) and left it over night. Reconnected Sunday morning and it started. CEL working as it should. Turned it off and on couple of times…started fine.

680D193A-A905-4FF7-A246-9EB903FC5971.jpeg

618FFBBC-D4AE-4238-B715-F5BB18FB396B.jpeg

It appears that the wiring downstream of the fusible links has be molested as well.
You should consider replacing the fusible link junction box, as it should have a cover on it to prevent it grounding out on nearby metal.

It appears that the wiring downstream of the fusible links has be molested as well.
You should consider replacing the fusible link junction box, as it should have a cover on it to prevent it grounding out on nearby metal.
It has the lid. The hinge is broken. I just haven’t taped it back up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom