Does anyone know what the wiring harness connector under this blank switch is for? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.linkedin.com
There are three wires going into the 5-pin harness: red with blue, white with blue, and green with red. Red with blue is a ground. I followed the wires until the disappeared into the pictured mystery box behind the driver’s side kick panel.

I’ve looked at parts diagrams and it looks like this switch position is used for TPMS but that didn’t exist in 1999....

Any ideas?

90F09567-CED3-4DB0-AE8C-F613E83A62F8.jpeg

F8944483-ACCB-4BF5-B8C2-C6A06C9D42DB.jpeg

F4802E89-913A-41E5-8AC7-9F8A84229A0B.jpeg

12F7B064-4980-4EB6-91D4-1213A6097B84.jpeg

0CBD6651-BE00-4AEC-91AA-64CDD7200645.jpeg

Curious about this myself. I've found numerous harnesses throughout my 98 LX that are plugged into nothing and I have no idea what they are supposed to do.

Could be highlight height adjustment... euro spec.

Could be highlight height adjustment... euro spec.

Good point on that. Toyota/Lexus tended to leave stuff like that on all vehicles vs specific to regions. I have an "empty" harness on each side where the running boards were too. The 98 LX didn't have lights there AFIK. Now I'm wondering if they might actually work.

@hoser I did see on partsouq diagrams that the headlight adjuster dial went in this spot.

@geanes I haven’t noticed those running board light harnesses on my 99 LX but I’d sure like to hook some puddle lights up! I’ll go down with a multimeter tomorrow.

Some say that blank used to be a "+50 HP" button on the pre-production models, but the reliability engineers quashed the idea before locking in production specs.

I have an "empty" harness on each side where the running boards were too. The 98 LX didn't have lights there AFIK. Now I'm wondering if they might actually work.

I do not see these harnesses on my 99 LX, but my running boards are still installed so perhaps the harnesses are tucked underneath?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom