Does anyone know the path of the fuel pump wire? 1989 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to find the path for the fuel pump wire. I looked at the sending unit via the access port in the cargo area and identified that the wire is red/green (or green/red depending on how you look at it) with blue dots every inch or so. I also found the same wire color designation coming from one of the Circuit Opening Relay's (COR) so I confirmed that the fuel pump wire is that same color....but I can't seem to find that same color pattern in either of the looms heading back from the front dash area to the rear cargo area (on either passenger or driver's side). I don't even know what side it would be on since the COR is on the passenger side but the wire seems to be coming from the driver's side of the vehicle from the rear cargo fuel pump access point...

So, what is the path? Where can I find this wire between the COR and the rear cargo access port? Let me know if you need any pictures to clarify this question. Thanks, mudders.

I'm trying to find the path for the fuel pump wire. I looked at the sending unit via the access port in the cargo area and identified that the wire is red/green (or green/red depending on how you look at it) with blue dots every inch or so. I also found the same wire color designation coming from one of the Circuit Opening Relay's (COR) so I confirmed that the fuel pump wire is that same color....but I can't seem to find that same color pattern in either of the looms heading back from the front dash area to the rear cargo area (on either passenger or driver's side). I don't even know what side it would be on since the COR is on the passenger side but the wire seems to be coming from the driver's side of the vehicle from the rear cargo fuel pump access point...

So, what is the path? Where can I find this wire between the COR and the rear cargo access port? Let me know if you need any pictures to clarify this question. Thanks, mudders.
It comes down along the drivers door, drivers side rear, up over the wheel hump to a connector in the front of the drivers side rear quarter. Right behind the rear wheel. It's mate exits there to run across to the sending unit.

what is your issue?
there is a connector as stated above in the rear quarter panel. it is directly below the jack mount.
the connector can be pulled out from the outside by removing the rubber plug behind the wheel.
the connector can have a lot of corrosion in it. and be bad
that was my issue years ago, I cut the connector out and spliced the 4 wires to each other.

Sounds like you might have already identified my issue! That’s perfect. I actually kept rummaging around yesterday trying to find the connector because I knew there had to be and I found what I thought was it under the jack mount (along with an old tennis ball and a fix a flat sealant canister from what looks like 25 years ago) but I couldn’t see it properly. I couldn’t figure out how to get to it without removing the jack stand which seemed simple enough with a couple nuts and bolts but those bolts are too long to easily remove the mount. Thank you foe letting me know there is another way. I’ll get back there today and see if I can clean it up or possibly just solder the wires together.

there are pics in this thread about my connector and the OP's connector and a way to check the pump itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom