Does anyone know the differences between the cargo panels between FJ60 and FJ62? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all-
I noticed different types of cargo panels in my search and also went to order some custom ones and was asked do you want ones for retractable or manual seatbelts. My current 86 has no seatbelts or cargo panels so I have no idea if I am buying the proper ones when the opportunity comes. Any body know?

I'm no expert on this but from what I have read the cargo panels on the 60 series changed several times over the years. If you look at Wagongears' website, where the cargo panels are described, there is an explanation of how it's best to take photos of your cargo panel area to show what kind of design you have to your panel manufacturer.

There are 3 interations of cargo panels that I'm aware of:

1981-early 1985 - single piece each side, extends all the way to the back of the rear doors

late 1985-1987/8 - single piece on the RH side, 3 piece on the LH side, the middle panel removable to access the jack and tools

late 1988-1990 - single piece on the RH side, 3 piece on the LH side, the middle panel removable to access the jack and tools BUT the panels now stop at the cover of the 3-point rear shoulder seat belt retractor. For this configuration, you need to obtain the panels, the rear seatbelt retractor covers AND the ivory trim under the rear cargo window to also allow the rear seat belt to go up the C pillar.

I'll see if I can dig up images of each and post them here.

Here are 3 images I lifted from various threads on this site:

FJ60 2 panel.jpg

FJ60 3 panel.jpg

FJ62 panel with seatbelt.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom