Does anyone know if my 95 FZJ80 stock head unit can be fixed? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
DF901D4A-49FF-4795-8DE1-F33EA1C6E318.jpeg
3BF44279-12AF-4824-B496-DEC57D0E264F.jpeg

I bought this 80 series a few months ago. The previous owner said that the battery went flat and on replacement to a new battery the radio wouldn’t turn on. There is a red LED that lights up as per the photos but the LCD is blank so I can’t enter the security code.

I pulled the unit out and nothing seemed burnt out and it is getting power.

Does anyone have any ideas? Help would be much appreciated.

This guy might know of it can be fixed.

Is there not a small pin hole on the front where you can reset the unit?

Its the same as what I used to have and when my CD player played up there was a place in the industrial area at the bottom of the westgate bridge in Melb that supplied these, I think theyre fujitsu or something but that was a long time ago.

I ended up replacing mine with a Sony XAV-AX205DB cause I still wanted the CD + DAB and with an Aerpro harness was a very simple plug n play upgrade & looks like it was always meant to be there
I dont have the old unit though

1674167034278.jpeg

Last edited:
Is there not a small pin hole on the front where you can reset the unit?

Its the same as what I used to have and when my CD player played up there was a place in the industrial area at the bottom of the westgate bridge in Melb that supplied these, I think theyre fujitsu or something but that was a long time ago.

I ended up replacing mine with a Sony XAV-AX205DB cause I still wanted the CD + DAB and with an Aerpro harness was a very simple plug n play upgrade & looks like it was always meant to be there
I dont have the old unit though

View attachment 3223955
There is a pinhole actually and when I press it with a paper clip the security LED turns off but nothing else happens.

I think I’ll end up replacing this with a similar aftermarket unit 👍

This guy might know of it can be fixed.
Thanks. Checked it out but am in AU and I wouldn’t pay to have someone repair it if it comes to that. Was hoping I was missing something that could be easily fixed. Considering going aftermarket

It might be a theft prevention lock out and can probably be reset. I think there was a thread on here about it. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

Agreed. It probably has a security code stored. There were master codes by model number. That particular radio was not in the US market. You will have to contact an Australian dealer to see if they may have a master list for that market area.

Bummer, that was all I got. I'm sure it is fixable but how hard or easy is anyone's guess. I would give what @cruiserdan suggests a try. Worth a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom