1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anyone have experience with www.yotatech.com ?

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Hawke, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Hawke

Hawke

How is this forum for helpful tech information? Can www.yotatech.com be helpful to Land Cruiser owners as well?

2. hodag

hodag

The amount of Cruiser specific info is fairly limited, but is a great resource for all other Toyota trucks. It is set up the same as Mud, and is easy to use. There doesnt seem to be quite the cameraderie as here on Mud, but people seem willing to help.

I use them alot for the :princess: 4Runner, great resource for the timing belt questions I had.

Hodag

3. JuttyShabango

JuttyShabango Checkers R Wreckers SILVER Star

VERY heavy handed moderation over there. Mods are on a power trip to say the least.

IMO, don't waste your time.

4. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    http://www.wildyoats.com is an option
    http://www.ttora.com is yet another
    http://www.birfield.com also has a forum
    http://www.toyotanation.com does too

probably the 2nd largest Cruiser-corner will be over at http://www.pirate4x4.com

All are good forums, but none "specialize" in the Land Cruiser specifically.

I've had a handful of Cruiser-specific businesses who have contacted me after researching the available options for online communities...thus far, none have come across one that is dominated by Cruiser discussions, and none are as well traffic'd or as full of knowledgable regulars.

5. firetruck41

firetruck41

Corey who is active here in the FJ Cruiser section is the owner of yotatech, I believe. It is a good board geared towards 4r and mini/tacos, they don't allow the shenanigans that go on here, in chat, but if your interested in tech, who cares? Usually the cruiser content, involves directing people to Ih8mud for answers/experience. Corey is not the type to discourage that either, as far as I can tell.

6. informationjunky

informationjunky

Albums:
    Hmmm, I would have thought for sure there is ONE :D that is dominated by Cruiser discussions.

7. TEPUI

TEPUI

Yotatech is a great source for 4runner, Tacos & mini truck info. I agree with Woody, ih8mud is still the authority on everything Land Cruiser related, more so because it is exclusively TLC focused.

I've seen many Yotatech users and mods point people to mud for Cruiser info. Corey created Yotatech and he posts here on mud too. I haven't seen any mod act in a manner that I've considered heavy-handed. The way I see it, these folks are just working at keeping their info organized, and they've done a great job.

The combination of both forums works great for me because my RZJ90 shares a lot with the 4runner & Taco and there's tons of tech info that applies to the 90 series Prado that can't be found anywhere on the net but on a 4runner/Taco forum like YT or TTORA. Most Yotatech users are always willing to help, and some of them make great tech writeups.

:cheers:

8. gladly

gladly User title

the CCOT board used to be pretty good too, I used to take my questions there quite a bit, haven't been there lately, but they seem to know their stuff and be willing to help out.
    also, the LCML is a great resource.

http://disc.server.com/Indices/47751.html for coolcruisers
    www.birfield.com from there you can subscribe to the LCML, or search the archives, as well as checking out the forum (which I didn't know was up and running now, thanks woody)

9. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:

3-4 years...and some sections haven't had a post in a year or more....a couple had posts in 2004 and then some spam in the past week too ;)

10. gladly

gladly User title

I knew that it was there, but it looks like it is getting some use now (the landcruiser section)

sorry hawke, hijack off. :beer:

11. calamaridog

calamaridog

When I see people posting Land Cruiser specific stuff at yotatech or ttora I usually point them here where the 411 is.

Great forum for 4runner and Taco stuff.

And there is nothing wrong with the civil atmosphere at yotatech. People who don't like it can go to pirate and get flamed.

12. Cruisin'Carolina

Cruisin'Carolina

I used the for sale section to sell off some 4 Runner stuff.....

13. Draken

Draken

Media:
    I started out at 4X4wire.com in the Toyota section and then followed Corey over to yotatech.com for a couple of years when I had my '94 4R. Then I came here to look for my '97FZJ...and sold my 4R for it. Back in the day....yotatech had great 4R info....

14. 619TOY

619TOY

I'm on Yotatech also and they are very helpful and know alot about Runners & Tacos. The landcruiser section is a ghost town typically but I gave away a bunch of 80 stuff there before I stumbled upon Mud. As 80's tech is typically the most populated here, 3rd gen 4Runners is there.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">