Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I get AC in my 79 4x4 pu?

Zack1978

SILVER Star

Hello,
I know that AC was an option in 1979 when the truck was new, however my 79 did not come with ac. Does anyone have any good suggestions as to how I go about getting AC in my truck now? Are there complete kits available, or would I have to piece it together? Any ideas as to where to get the parts from?

Thanks,
Zack

May not be much of a suggestion, but there is a shop here in OKC that will put A/C in pretty much any vehicle. "Auto Air of Oklahoma" I believe their name is. They do it for hot rods and such. They even have a kit for FJ40s -- their own design.

There may be a hot rod shop around you that could come up with something. Look for someplace that does only A/C stuff, custom stuff, and give them a shot.

Auto Air of OK does their FJ40 kit for about $1000. Not too bad for a custom A/C install if you're gonna go that way and not try to find OEM.

Anyhow, maybe that is a ray of hope... Good luck!

Jody.

dgangle

total rice

Zack1978 said:
what is the 270 model?

Zack
Two windows down, 70 MPH.

For this year way back you may have only two options: piece together from various sources of used parts or the hot rod route.

In 89 I bought a used 87 SR5 4X4 w/o air. Bought a Toyota kit from my local Toyota dealer and everything was new & bolted right in/made for the vehicle. They found it at a dealer in another state and had it shipped to them. Talk to someone like Champions Toyota in Houston or CDan @ American Toyota.

Top Bottom