Does anyone have any ideas what I'm supposed to do [can do] with this? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
PXL_20210917_235655592.jpg

I hate having this useless hole in front of the shifter. It mostly just gathers trash and I want to repurpose it so it doesn't get used that way anymore. I don't even know what this was supposed to be used for but its not really good at anything. Does anyone make something that fits in there or have used it for something useful? I was thinking about a voltage meter or even a multimeter, but I don't think it will be readable because of the location. I thought about making it a USB panel, but I have 4 usb already in more useful places. Can't put a phone holder there because it would interfere with the shifter and/or be unworkable. Thoughts?

I have a beer koozie in there, it makes a good sunglass holder. And the koozie is there when I need that too. Sorry, no pic.

Coffee or beer.

Loose change, super glue, diag port jumper, lighter, chapstick, and the odd screw, holder.

Last edited:
It holds a beer or a bottle of water perfectly. It won't work for the average American with their big gulps full of sugar. Mine is usually full of cool rocks that I pick up hiking, the random round or two of ammo, and a few sets of ear plugs.

Mine holds my key chain, so I don't have to listen to the jingling as I drive the trails. Also good for holding my tire deflators & small tube of sunscreen.

I've got an altimeter in there. It has a square body that fits the hole nicely. Can't tell you where to get one now, as I originally bought it for my FJ55 from Dick Cepek. Not much use here in Flatland, but is rather handy when I visit Colorado and other places out West. It's not the kind of thing you need to constantly refer to, but it's a good location for something you don't need to monitor all the time...like our temp gauges!o_O

Ok that’s good…

Perfect place for an extra 14mm socket.

Never can have too many 14’s…….

Seriously, mine has generally got a few corkies / spin&glo‘s (random seasonal lure) - lip of ashtray has the hook pinched & the rest lands in that cubby with the swivel-end of the leader.

I also keep 4-6 girl’s hair ties w/o metal binder on the TC stick to tie my 2-piece rods together/keep them neat.

:meh: - I bet you have a hobby that the cubby is good for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom