Does anyone have any 8020 bars they are not using anymore? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sampson0104

SILVER Star
Threads
I was going to order but wanted to check here first! I have Land Cruiser Rails on a 2013 LX. I rather buy from someone not using anymore. Ship to 23227.

Shipping is going to be a big part of the cost. Have you tried tnutz? I bought some aluminum extrusion from them and they seem to have the best price shipped. The metallurgy is slightly different than 8020 based on the spec sheets, but worked fine for my application.

I recently ordered 8020 rail and some corner pieces from here:
Prices were OK for the rail from what I found. Other fittings were from Amazon.., But the rails from Amazon too much $$$..

I made a couple racks for a generator and gas an on the back of my trailer.
Cut the rail pieces with a miter saw with aluminum blade. A bit tedious with all the parts but turned out really stout.

4BD28C29-95CA-4521-A8C6-50A5C0F20072.jpeg

D7E8C215-C2BD-4F85-9940-BF17D89A7F4B.jpeg

B817CE23-B96E-4E8A-82BA-62335CEE8B6C.jpeg

A2035463-B9FC-4686-9B2F-98908F54AA52.jpeg

I recently ordered 8020 rail and some corner pieces from here:
Prices were OK for the rail from what I found. Other fittings were from Amazon.., But the rails from Amazon too much $$$..

I made a couple racks for a generator and gas an on the back of my trailer.
Cut the rail pieces with a miter saw with aluminum blade. A bit tedious with all the parts but turned out really stout.

View attachment 3100079

View attachment 3100080

View attachment 3100081

View attachment 3100082
Those outside corners pieces are cool -- I've never seen them before and I've looked a lot on Amazon. Maybe I'm using the wrong terms, but can you share a link?

Those outside corners pieces are cool -- I've never seen them before and I've looked a lot on Amazon. Maybe I'm using the wrong terms, but can you share a link?
Those were from the same place as I got the rail stock.. I did not see those corner pieces anywhere else.. as well as being cool it strengthens up the whole thing too.

I did not know the correct screw size & length to order for the corners pieces.. So I contacted them.. Good quick response ..

Thank you for contacting us. We are happy to help!

We only have one size of the Drop in Tee Nuts, and it is an M5 https://openbuildspartstore.com/drop-in-tee-nuts/ . The screw length depends on the width of the plate, but if you are using the Inside Outside Bracket, you would want to use M5 size 8 mm length https://openbuildspartstore.com/low-profile-screws-m5-10-pack/.. Size will always be M5 though.

Hope this helps and thank you for your support. Feel free to reach out with anything else!

Thank you,

attachment

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom