Does anybody know ecu ecm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anybody could tell me what part number it is for an 87 toyota pickup with auto tranny a340 what the part number is for the ecu or ecm as some call it. I have been told that all are interchangeble but find it hard to beleive. I just need to know if mine is the correct one or if the manuel and autos had different part numbers thanks.

do you have the original, if so look at the #'s on it and the one that is in it, if not i am sure some one else that has more knowledge than me, will chime in.

I don't think its original having tranny issues still and shop says its the ecu so just looking for more info but thanks.

Lot's of good info here:

Toyota 4Runner Technical Information

Including this table:
22RE-ECU-Table.jpg

thanks guys all the info helped out imensly. I now know that it has an ecm as well as an ecu even though tranny shop argued with me it did'nt. I guess I should have just removed the cover to prove it to them oh well they are a holes, anyways my next question is where can I find an ecm as I need my truck for work and don't wanna send it off to be worked on, oh and don't wanna pay toytas ridiculouse prices any help would be much appreciated and hope I can return the favor someday thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom