1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does any one have a 81 bj wiring diagram for the alt?

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by attatoy, Feb 21, 2007.

1. attatoy

attatoy

i am lookin for this diagram to fault my alternator, it will raise voltage two volts around 2500 rpm, my belt is tight , and i belive the reg is fielding the the armature as i pulled the cover off to check brushes and they look good, continuity though armutur, and seems to have power on the other side of the armuture, i have been told blown diodes. how bad is this(price wise) to have repaired? any one know how t fault a rectifier? or reg, like i said a wiring diagram would be nice.

thanx
    Myles

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe

hi,
    bad diodes will discharge the batteries. if left too long on cold temperatures, it would freeze your batteries to useless batteries. any alternator shop will check and repair. i had it done a couple of times and it was not too much $$ mind you, the batteries was a set back!!!!:mad: bad regulator will prevent decent charging or over charging!
    hth,

3. UpsideDown

UpsideDown

Check your brush length.

The brushes may look good, but if not long enough, they will float under load and not provide a charge. IIRC, the "new" spec is for something like 20mm of stick-out, but I should really check that one.