Does an 85 2F have an oil slinger on the crank? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

John Smith

In the garage
SILVER Star
Threads
Does an 85 2f have an oil slinger on the crank? The thing with the red X in the picture, I believe is called an oil slinger, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm putting back together an 85 2F and can't find find this part in my pile, and not sure if I removed it when I took the engine apart. I know the 78 2Fs I've taken apart have this part, and I have extras laying around, just need to know if the later motors still use this part.

oil.jpg

Just to be clear, the slinger is not replaced by the oil squirter. All F series engines have the squirter.
But the slinger and claw nut are both dropped from production in 1981.

No oil slinger on the FJ60 2Fs.
It's was replaced by an oil nozzle.

View attachment 1341985 View attachment 1341986

That FSM you posted above is of an early engine, and they also most definitely had the oil nozzle. I'm confused as to why the "slinger" is not shown in the FSM anywhere. The nozzle definitely didn't replace this part in my picture. Is your statement about no oil slinger on FJ60s based on your experience taking apart an FJ60 2F, or based on the FSM pictures above?

Just to be clear, the slinger is not replaced by the oil squirter. All F series engines have the squirter.
But the slinger and claw nut are both dropped from production in 1981.

Thanks Jim, I'm glad I'm not losing parts that I didn't remove in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom