Does a title need to be notorized at time of vehicle purchase in MT? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry guys but I need a quick answer from some Montana people. I am looking at buying a dual sport and thought I saw some where that the title need to be notorized. It made it sound like both the buyer and seller needed to go to a notory at the time of sale and sign it with the notory. Is this correct?

I will be registering it in Georgia. In Georgia both parties just sign the back of the title. But I have never bought a vehicle out of state before.

Yes, the title needs to be notorized. only the seller needs to be there for the notary.
the title needs to have the buyers name in the purchaser's place on the title.

years ago you could go in and have an open signed title, it would be notorized but not have the purchaser's section filled out. that is a no no now.

if it is being mailed to you make sure it is sent certified, return receipt.

Yes, the title needs to be notorized. only the seller needs to be there for the notary.
the title needs to have the buyers name in the purchaser's place on the title.

years ago you could go in and have an open signed title, it would be notorized but not have the purchaser's section filled out. that is a no no now.

if it is being mailed to you make sure it is sent certified, return receipt.
So if I meet the guy at 5pm and reside to buy it then we need to drive somewhere and get it notarized? Just want to make sure I have it right.

So if I meet the guy at 5pm and reside to buy it then we need to drive somewhere and get it notarized? Just want to make sure I have it right.

correct, car dealers have notaries, if they are open, that is usually where I go on a weekend,
during normal business hours, I go to the credit union where I bank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom