Does a "combo-lift" flex more? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was at a 4x gathering this weekend and a guy I hitched a ride with in a Jeep YJ has a 2 1/2 spring lift on 2" shackles.He had the shackles first so just bought the leafs later. He said he preffered this over a 4" spring because it has less arch,therefore more flex ??? I currently own a pair of Conferr shackles. Should I get another set of 2" shackles and go with the Skyjacker 2 1/2" leafs or just buy the 4" leafs.Heck,they're almost the same money.

1st, stop Listening to J**P owners :D A spring with less arch will usually provide better droop and ride characteristics (This is 1 of the reasons a SOA setup rules the trails) but from my experiance will not provide increased upward travel over a good 4 inch spring.

I am Running 4 inch MAF springs and can put the tires into the wheel wells (need to drop the bumpstops) but the droop is not what I want out of the vehicle so a SOA setup is in the works.

I recommend the 4 inch kit if you plan on running any of the more "extreme" trails.

2" spring is softer, slightly, but also shorter, slightly. Your potential for travel is not as high, and once broken in the 4" springs will be better.

Also, read my tech writeup on shackle angle....that mod with longer shackles will make a huge improvement in ride and travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom