Does 2F have guide sleeves (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Beehanger

SILVER Star
Threads
Rebuilding my 2F motor with a mechanic (I didn’t take it apart, first one) and didn’t find any guide sleeves in the parts sent with the engine

The mechanic is confidenced the 2F has guide sleeves and they’re just missing, but I couldn’t find them on the FSM.

Does the 2F need guide sleeves on the top of the block and if so anyone know where can I get some by Friday?

Thanks
Dan

"Guide sleeves"? Is that what they call those little round parts that go on top of the block that also fit into the bottom of the head? If so, then yes. You need two.
Where to get quickly? I might call Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters, see if he has any.

They are alignment dowels.

Toyota still sells them, though it's unlikely you'll find them in stock unless there's a dealer around who can get them quickly.

Rebuilding my 2F motor with a mechanic (I didn’t take it apart, first one) and didn’t find any guide sleeves in the parts sent with the engine

The mechanic is confidenced the 2F has guide sleeves and they’re just missing, but I couldn’t find them on the FSM.

Does the 2F need guide sleeves on the top of the block and if so anyone know where can I get some by Friday?

Thanks
Dan

you will need qty x 2 pcs

11434CPIN, STRAIGHT (FOR CYLINDER HEAD SET)
90253-17003L=7, OD=16.5

1675575031532.jpeg

Last edited:
you will need qty x 2 pcs

11434CPIN, STRAIGHT (FOR CYLINDER HEAD SET)
90253-17003L=7, OD=16.5

View attachment 3239518
Where can I find this diagram and others?? 2f engine FSM doesn't have this! Only reason I new the dowels were needed cause mechanic working with me noticed from experience.

Thanks
Dan

Where can I find this diagram and others?? 2f engine FSM doesn't have this! Only reason I new the dowels were needed cause mechanic working with me noticed from experience.

Thanks
Dan
Also since youre website doesn't sell the dowels, where's the best place em?

And on that note to all on this thread-- I'm also looking for parts like new oil pump, fuel pump, engine pulley, clutch, Carb rebuild kit ( I know a guy locally who rebuilds) etc. I find stuff on google for most parts but hard to know quality etc. I'm sure it depends for each part but any resources are helpful!

Thanks
Dan

Also since youre website doesn't sell the dowels, where's the best place em?

And on that note to all on this thread-- I'm also looking for parts like new oil pump, fuel pump, engine pulley, clutch, Carb rebuild kit ( I know a guy locally who rebuilds) etc. I find stuff on google for most parts but hard to know quality etc. I'm sure it depends for each part but any resources are helpful!

Thanks
Dan

here is your fuel pump Dan

DSCN3603_2048x.jpg

Thanks
Dan
There are a few places on line that have Toyota parts diagram. This is one I use. Make sure you select the region to Toyota USA and then drill down from there.

There are a few places on line that have Toyota parts diagram. This is one I use. Make sure you select the region to Toyota USA and then drill down from there.

Only ones I could find on this site were for the deisel not the 2f. Partsouq has been helpful but doesn't have everything. Specific links to the ones you use would be invaluable, or instructions on where to find elsewhere.

Best,
Dan

I’m not sure what you are saying, Dan. There are guide pins listed for the 2F. Whether the pins are still available from Toyota is another matter. I was replying to your question where you could find parts diagrams.
Not a guide sleeve matter. Should probably post on a new thread, apologies. Trying to find more diagrams to figure out what overall parts Im missing, but haven't found everything I'm looking for in diagrams on partsouq or any other site.

Was able to get the engine together without guide sleeves.

Best,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom