Does 285/75/16 fit on spare tire holder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
I have just ordered new tires to replace my stock 275/70 R16 Dunlop GrandTrek TG28's (quite inadequate for any offroading). The winner is the BFG AT T/A KO LT 285/75 R16, 122 R which I think is a fair compromise between on- and off-road performance, and has a high quality reputation.
But my question is if this tire (with the original rim) will fit into the spare tire holder. I have ordered only four tires, just in case. But I'd rather have the epare tire of the same size as the other four, if it does fit.

TIA for your help.

Yes, it fits.
That's what I have, it's tight, but fits without any mod to the tire carrier.

Ditto...it fits in the stock spare location.

mtycruiser do you have a factory trailer hitch on your 100 series? I bought one of those luggage carriers that mounts in the receiver hitch and plan on modifing it fit closer to the bumper. I noticed the standard size spare fit real close to the back side of the receiver. When I replace my tires I was planning on increasing the tire size but not sure about the spare fitting. Even with replacing just four tires you need to store the flat tire somewhere after changing it.

John

Living in the Past said:
mtycruiser do you have a factory trailer hitch on your 100 series? I bought one of those luggage carriers that mounts in the receiver hitch and plan on modifing it fit closer to the bumper. I noticed the standard size spare fit real close to the back side of the receiver. When I replace my tires I was planning on increasing the tire size but not sure about the spare fitting. Even with replacing just four tires you need to store the flat tire somewhere after changing it.

John

Doesn't matter if you have a factory hitch. A 295 will fit, so a 285 will have no problems. The tire is just hanging from the spare winch, so the rear of the tire sits against the hitch and the tire just rides a little more forward than before.

Thanks a lot to everybody. I had the four tires installed this evening. The man called me to tell me that he had just received them, and ten minutes later I was at the shop :)
They look really great, only they are horribly clean ;) . But I hope to solve that problem tomorrow.
I'll have the spare changed too, asap. Will post some pictures, too. Today it was already night when I took it out.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /HyperNewsPics/bfgat2.jpg on this server.

...is the result of clicking the links....

Would be nice to see....

yeah - buzz kill ----- give us access!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom