Does 100 series have a courtesy light wire somewhere (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, just wondering , I have never had any light come on in my cruiser when I unlock the doors with the remote.

Does 100 series have a courtesy light function ? Am I missing it. I will try the service manuals as well.

Although, been through them time and time again and never noticed such a thing.

Ok so I get it the light comes on when opening the doors, any1 made it come on with the remote.

My 2nd row light comes on when I unlock with the fob. 05 TLC

On the 1999 LX, and 2000 LC in my driveway, the dome light comes on when the door opens.

On our 2006 LX, the dome light comes on when the vehicle is unlocked with the fob (before any door is opened).

My 2nd row light comes on when I unlock with the fob. 05 TLC
Doesn't happen on the 1998

On the 1999 LX, and 2000 LC in my driveway, the dome light comes on when the door opens.

On our 2006 LX, the dome light comes on when the vehicle is unlocked with the fob (before any door is opened).

Thanks for checking/information. I wonder what the difference with wiring is. Seriously want the light to come on with the remote, makes it so much easier to see it's just pitch black atm. The lights flash with on unlock/lock, wonder if there is a way to signal the dome lights on with the fob.

Hmm door opening sensor wire could be the magic.

Anyone tried techstream with an 1998 earlier model perhaps a setting in the computer could enable it? But does sound like its not standard on earlier vehicles

Doesn't happen on the 1998

Thanks for checking/information. I wonder what the difference with wiring is. Seriously want the light to come on with the remote, makes it so much easier to see it's just pitch black atm. The lights flash with on unlock/lock, wonder if there is a way to signal the dome lights on with the fob.

Hmm door opening sensor wire could be the magic.

Anyone tried techstream with an 1998 earlier model perhaps a setting in the computer could enable it? But does sound like its not standard on earlier vehicles

I suspect that this is somewhat like the programmable behavior of the door locks on our 2006 LX. We liked the "lock on putting the car in gear", but my son's 2000 LC didn't have that feature (could not be programmed with Techstream). We emulated the behavior in his vehicle, with some aftermarket electronic trickery, but the factory "smarts" just isn't there in the early models.

I suspect that this is somewhat like the programmable behavior of the door locks on our 2006 LX. We liked the "lock on putting the car in gear", but my son's 2000 LC didn't have that feature (could not be programmed with Techstream). We emulated the behavior in his vehicle, with some aftermarket electronic trickery, but the factory "smarts" just isn't there in the early models.
I'm thinking the 'remote unlock' wire on the Wireless Door Receiver (WDR) -> to the 'door Open sensor' wire on the door could trigger the dome to coming on for a while.

Not a constant 12V but should be enough to trigger the dome into coming on for such and such seconds. Actually, could be perfect for the job, being that it goes off again after certain period of time if the door remains closed. How long that is , well I'd need to check I think. Might do the job well.

Just have to find the shortest wire travel to from point to point. Could be as simple as a 10cm wire in the passenger side, however, I moved my WDR to the centre to work. (needed to get any range. 7-10m range)

Last edited:
I would also like to integrate a ignition barrel light, not sure if this has been done here on the forum before. I have done lengthy searches that bared zero fruit, it seems that perhaps there might be a mod that would work. Maybe even just a wired led strip put behind the ignition barrel fascia/plastic cover.

This light just makes it so much easier to find the ignition hole in the dark.

I'm thinking the 'remote unlock' wire on the Wireless Door Receiver (WDR) -> to the 'door Open sensor' wire on the door could trigger the dome to coming on for a while.

Not a constant 12V but should be enough to trigger the dome into coming on for such and such seconds. Actually, could be perfect for the job, being that it goes off again after certain period of time if the door remains closed. How long that is , well I'd need to check I think. Might do the job well.

Just have to find the shortest wire travel to from point to point. Could be as simple as a 10cm wire in the passenger side, however, I moved my WDR to the centre to work. (needed to get any range. 7-10m range)

The device that we used to emulate the door lock function, was a PAC TR7:

I suspect you could do something similar to emulate the courtesy light. Pickup a "pulse" on door unlock, and send a timed output to the dome light (or door pin switch).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom