Dodge Dodge 5.9 CTD????? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey Now!

I never understood the idea of having a duty truck with bling attached.

5.9 CTD, 6 Speed (reverse is a speed, right?)
DSCF3738.JPG

Hey Now!

5.9 CTD, 6 Speed (reverse is a speed, right?)

Bling...Bling

Not too bad though.

No, reverse is a gear so you can back up to the tire shop and buy some decent looking non-bling wheels to go with your nice truck.

They were $1,200 for 6 of them. No my first choice but I could not pass them up.

You know, Animal-Mother, I though you were the "working man's" idol but now I see that is not the case. Put some steelies on that truck and you can be my idol again.

Fireflyr did a nice job on his truck with regards to wheels.:beer:

IMO I really don't like duty trucks with shiney stuff added (minus fire trucks).

Yeah 35" 13.50 18's on those Mojave Teflons rims are in my sights, I can sell the 20's to Hilux.

Yeah 35" 13.50 18's on those Mojave Teflons rims are in my sights, I can sell the 20's to Hilux.

Good call.

I think a set of Mojave Teflons would really do that future Dodge of yours justice. Mojaves are one of my favorite wheels for trucks.

HiLux would love those bling wheels. He can and would put them on his Honda.

When I get back to Cali I'm going to borrow your future Dodge...Thanks

Be carful with the new motor and the 6sp manual my cowhaulers say if you stay in the big motor you can get a clutch pretty easly. other than that no complaints.

your stock clutch will be ok till you throw something more powerfull than that weak bully dog on it.
lift pump is not an issue on the common rail trucks with the CP3 injection pump (03-07) like it is with the 98.5-02 trucks with the VP44 injection pump. the lift pumps they came with were s*** and whn they failed they take the injection pump with them, (my truck has a new lift pump and injection pump from the P.O.)

I just installed an intake, and Edge Juice With attitude monitor on a friend of mines dads 07 quad cab truck. he has the auto but when i turned the edge to "extreme" (setting 5) and the fuel to setting 5 (5x5) i could go from a 20 roll in drive stomp on the happy pedal and watch the boost jump to 42psi and break the back tires and go sideways!

so they have power available with right stuff.

May also look at Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum for even more info on these things, that website is like mud is for cruisers only with diesel dodges. my user nme there is LOW-LIFE

Drove a 06 Auto yesterday, the Utah rig is out because they took off the Bradford Built bed and put on a regular bed, the Mega I drove yesterday has about 32K and is pretty clean. Gonna go make a deal today, plus with the Auto the wife can drive it.

You will regret that.

My wife took my last tow rig and padlocked it to her horse trailer. I had to built my own tow rig. :D

lol, good thing i dont have to share my rig with anyone! :flipoff2::flipoff2:

Test drove and really liked an 08 6.7 with Auto and Exhaust brake, made the deal, was gonna go today and get it for 30K plus trade in and WHAMMO..............life strikes, wife gets a pink slip from her teaching job out of the blue.....................

Still waiting

Not here, lots went out yesterday............we didnt expect it, she was the only one at her high school, the rest were K-6, she got bumped by K-6 teacher that can teach High School Art. Im pissed, that truck was nice, we will plod along.

Last edited:
that f'n sucks..

That sucks!! I hope she can find a job soon! While you are waiting you should check out TRD, Turbo Diesel Registry. My dad has an 03' 3500 Laramie LB and lives on that site, lots of great info.

later
Ryan

I love my `05 qc lb 6spd! The difference between a 2500 and a 3500 is about 4000lbs of tow rating! Yes there are springs and a few other things but the difference made me get a 3500. I highly suggest with heavy towing a manual. Way more control! It stays in the gear you put it in. My Dad was like 'why in the hell would you want a manual in a big truck like this.' After he drove it, towing over the Grapevine, he was convinced!:lol: He now has an `08 with a manual!:D

That sucks for you and the wife! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom