Builds Doc McCoy's Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.facebook.com
10632629_10154552406050532_8194291511451174118_n.jpg

Top of the World - McLean Creek

A few months ago, I purchased Sprockett's Land Cruiser 80. It replaced the wife's '07 4runner. It saved us from having to build up an IFS truck into something that was capable of going to the places we enjoy camping with our growing family. Sprockett already invested a lot of his time into making it a great truck.​

This is how it sits as of today. It's a great vehicle but so much different than my Tacoma that I am used to bombing around in. Was out at a wheeling spot just outside of Calgary earlier in the day and got to play around with it on some rocks and ledges.

Haven't done much to it yet other than adding the front runner rack, the tent, some air bag rear spring helpers and a brake controller. Plans are to ruin it for towing by putting my Tacoma's 35s underneath it and then trying to fix that by regearing or re-engining, a few lights, few body mods and whatever else I can convince my wife to spend money on.

Lucked out getting a vehicle that I saw perform so well in Moab only a couple years prior;

Sprockett on Golden Crack - Golden Spike, Moab, UT

Hey, I know you! Super slick rig. Glad to see a thread for it.

Drawing a blank. :p

So what suspension and tires are you running in that video ? I just want to know so I can determine if one of my rigs can do the golden crack challenge !

Have lockers? Have armour (or don't care about front and rear bumpers)? You can do the crack with the right line. I imagine the setup wouldn't be much different than the 97 in your sig. Now my cruiser is on pizza cutter 255 but at the time I'm pretty sure they were 315s. Unfortunately do not know exactly what OME kit came in it but it seems taller than stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom