Dobinsons Suspension options for Sequoia 01-07 and 08-22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I didn't use any extenders. I used the Dobinson shocks that came with the kit. Maybe @crikeymike can chime in on the possible need for that?

Still using the stock UCAs. Everything aligned nicely.
Thats good to hear about the stock UCAs, I was hoping to save the cash.

How much actual lift did you get with the 2.5s and your 34 tires? From the ground to your fenders, are you riding around 40"?

I didn't realize people were using them until today. I called Dobinsons this morning and Dobinsons is working on their own extenders just to make sure the shock doesn't hit full extension too easily, but in the meantime, some have been using this apparently: Rear Shock Extender Kit For 2-4" Lift Toyota Sequoia 2008-2021 2WD 4WD

I don't have a Sequoia to test for down travel amounts with the 2.5" rear coils and the GS59-713 shocks in place. Maybe @BamaTundra could do a travel test and see how much shock length is left? Just lift up from the center of the frame or from the tow hitch, and see the difference between ride height and how much travel is left in the rear before the tires come off the ground.
Thanks for this link Mike! What are typical shipment times of the Dobinsons kit looking like these days?

Thanks for this link Mike! What are typical shipment times of the Dobinsons kit looking like these days?
It's varying, some parts that are easy to ship out are going out quicker than the full kits. I'd say 1 week for in-stock parts to ship out.

About the rear shock extenders.. would they effect the height of the rear lift?

Thats good to hear about the stock UCAs, I was hoping to save the cash.

How much actual lift did you get with the 2.5s and your 34 tires? From the ground to your fenders, are you riding around 40"?

Sorry I missed your question. Approx 40" in the front and 41" in the rear.

Damn dude!

We just picked up a 2015 Limited and this was basically what was in my head. It's nice to actually see it so I can show it instead of describe it so thank you for putting up the pictures.

We won't be doing any heavy off roading but want a capable rig either way. I've been looking at the levelling kits but I think I'd rather go the other route.

Thanks for providing the part numbers on the grille, mine is the same colour so that makes it easy.

It's our only vehicle so I can't be working on it over a few days and would rather take it to a shop or someone qualified. Think I'd go less than 35" but but sure how they would look on a lift.

Anybody from Ontario Canada know any good shops that are experienced with Sequoia's? I'm in the GTA area.

Thanks

Seen the comments about the 2.5” rear lift being a bit stiffer than stock. Is the same true for the 1.75”?

anyone here have the 2.5" variable rate rears?

are the 1.75 rears noticeably stiffer?

are other specific shocks suitable beside the dobisons?

I just took a ride in a freind's GX470 with dobinson rear linear coils and it felt firm but with a nice dampened quality to it.
I have the dobinsons 2.5 variable coils on order for my Sequoia, i'll let you know how the ride feels once installed.

Reactions: BWT
What shocks are you going to use with the 2.5" coils?

I would prefer not to use the extension, but unsure what the options are.

Please take before and after pics.

I bought the 2.5" Dobinsons kit... struts and coils.
They'll be mounted to ICON Vector 5s with 285/75 17s ridge grapplers (34")
I picked up a diff drop and rear shock extenders from pro-tune suspension.

I bought the 2.5" Dobinsons kit... struts and coils.
They'll be mounted to ICON Vector 5s with 285/75 17s ridge grapplers (34")
I picked up a diff drop and rear shock extenders from pro-tune suspension.
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

Reactions: BWT
Seeing as how a few of us are from VA, We'll have to do schedule a drive-by :)

I'm in NOVA, considering a Dobinson 1.75 to 2.5" solution for a 2014 Sequoia. any takers on showing off what they've done most welcome

I have the 2.5” rears on my Sequoia with Bilstein 5100s, 6112s in the front. Before that I was on 1.5” spacers with stock springs. The ride is awesome! Took it on a few trails and it held up pretty well. Haven’t towed yet but I should be okay with the WDH on there. Here’s how it looked with spacers

0167CC66-F164-4B9A-8810-F876809E458D.jpeg

Here’s how it sits now with rear Dobs...
BF71D8B5-F711-4CD1-80A0-E3C5FD235173.jpeg

Great pics, thanks. Are those the 2.5" variable rate rear springs:

DOBINSONS C59-719V SEQUOIA 2.5″ LIFT REAR VARIABLE RATE COILS FOR 2008-2021​

Did you use a shock extender on the rear or is there an extended version of the 5100?

Great pics, thanks. Are those the 2.5" variable rate rear springs:

DOBINSONS C59-719V SEQUOIA 2.5″ LIFT REAR VARIABLE RATE COILS FOR 2008-2021​

Did you use a shock extender on the rear or is there an extended version of the 5100?

Yes I have those springs in the rear...C59-719V

I am not using an extender, but I figured I will be okay since the shock travel on the 5100s are a little longer than the Dobs, and it looks some are running the Dobs shocks with no problem.

GS59-713 - Rear Shocks - Twin Tube Nitrogen Charged - 471mm extended, 315mm compressed

Bilstein 5100 - Collapsed Length (IN): 13.71, Collapsed Length (MM): 348.3, Extended Length (IN): 19.29, Extended Length (MM): 490

Here are some before and after pics of the 1.75 inch Dobinson lift i just had installed on my 2016.

275/70/18 tires

The ride is much improved. Firm but not too rough with a lot less body roll. Definitely should have come that way from the factory.

The first 3 are the stock configuration.

183CA673-DEFF-42D9-86F0-1B52B16178A1.jpeg

6CE5B7BC-960D-4315-A357-347D7780BFFE.jpeg

19F4B04E-8149-4683-9229-205BC2ED0A8A.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom