Dobinsons rear shock install question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So the front shocks went in no issue. Rear hardware was a little tricky. I may have added an extra retainer on the top mount between the lower cushion and the mounting bracket. It just seemed like the bracket needed a retainer on both sides to keep it all centered. Looked at the FSM and it seems like there isn't one there. Don't think this would pose and issue but wanted to get input.

IMG_7573.jpg

IMG_7574.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-10-29 at 8.33.43 PM.png

Also the rear shock lower mount, is a retainer necessary on the side that is furthest back on the pin?

IMG_7577.jpg

As you are not installing Toyota shocks you can ignore the FSM and use the hardware that Dobinson provided. It looks like you assembled the upper portion correctly.

There should be a “retainer” rear of the lower shock bushing against the shock mount in order the get some squeeze on the rubber bush so it fits tightly on the mount pin.

As you are not installing Toyota shocks you can ignore the FSM and use the hardware that Dobinson provided. It looks like you assembled the upper portion correctly.

There should be a “retainer” rear of the lower shock bushing against the shock mount in order the get some squeeze on the rubber bush so it fits tightly on the mount pin.
Thank you. So when the rear shocks came packaged from Dobinsons that extra retainer I added wasn't part of the pre assembled stack, it was in a bag on its own. It just made sense to add because the retainers have indexing holes of complementary sizes to center the top shaft, like in the front shock. IDK, even if its not meant to be there it shouldn't make a difference I hope.

I'll add the rear most retainer for the bottom mount. And anti-seize..

Thank again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom