dobinsons rear drawer installed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
installed the dobinsons drawer system pretty straight forward. had to open a few holes up on the floor brackets up a little bit.

5F912ED0-8133-4078-A690-5DB3290EA95E.jpeg
4E64183A-431F-4809-879F-B7E02F546427.jpeg
01D61B87-A8C5-44C2-8B0E-3F7A500D5647.jpeg
DA5FB514-4AFD-403F-A722-E18B4E841327.jpeg

took about an hour / hour and a half to install and some of that time was spent taking things off the already assembled unit.

one downside is having the disassembled unit outside your car if you turn around and hit an exposed metal edge with your shin. you’ll likely wind up in urgent care getting stitches.

3237C84D-1263-4921-A04B-268BF378FFF9.jpeg

I just called them to ask so I'll post it here for future searches.

They indicated that it could not be swapped. I will say the answer was not given with a high degree of confidence. So if anyone else who has installed a set can offer any additional feedback that is appreciated.

custom drawers aside, mounting a slide to the other sides to deck would also be an option is so inclined.

Is there a half set available of these? Do you have a direct contact I could reach out to?

installed the dobinsons drawer system pretty straight forward. had to open a few holes up on the floor brackets up a little bit.

View attachment 2467972View attachment 2467973View attachment 2467974View attachment 2467975

took about an hour / hour and a half to install and some of that time was spent taking things off the already assembled unit.

one downside is having the disassembled unit outside your car if you turn around and hit an exposed metal edge with your shin. you’ll likely wind up in urgent care getting stitches.

View attachment 2467988

@blackohio and @TheGrrrrr

I'm attempting to install the Dobinsons box. There are three bags of nuts, bolts, washers, and spacers that I can't figure out where to use. I think the longer bolts in the middle package may be for bolting down the rail at the rear. Did you use any of the spacers?

Sorry that I'm confused about these bags of parts.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1625844530486.png

I had my drawers out just last week for some work I was doing. There are two rails that mount to the floor using two bolts each. The spacers are used to keep the rail flat at carpet level. There are different sizes of spacers because everyones carpet/padding can be a little different in terms of thickness. here are my two rails mounted:

IMG_0438.jpeg

As you can see the forward rail is utilizing the outer mount points in the floor and the rearward rail is using the inner mount points. The forward rail achieves its spacing by stacking washers and the rearward rail achieves its spacing using the aluminum spacers as seen here:

IMG_0441.jpeg

...and here:

IMG_0439.jpeg

You may need to cut/trim the carpet to make it easier. You will not use all of the hardware provided, just what is needed to get a good solid fitment against the carpet without bending the rails. Leave the rails slightly loose until you get the drawer frame lined up and in position as you will probably have to adjust positioning to get all 16 bolts lined up.

I had my drawers out just last week for some work I was doing. There are two rails that mount to the floor using two bolts each. The spacers are used to keep the rail flat at carpet level. There are different sizes of spacers because everyones carpet/padding can be a little different in terms of thickness. here are my two rails mounted:

View attachment 2726627

As you can see the forward rail is utilizing the outer mount points in the floor and the rearward rail is using the inner mount points. The forward rail achieves its spacing by stacking washers and the rearward rail achieves its spacing using the aluminum spacers as seen here:

View attachment 2726629

...and here:

View attachment 2726630

You may need to cut/trim the carpet to make it easier. You will not use all of the hardware provided, just what is needed to get a good solid fitment against the carpet without bending the rails.leave the rails slightly loose until you get the drawer frame lined up and in position as you will probably have to adjust positioning to get all 16 bolts lined up.
Thank you for the QUICK response. I appreciate it. Now I understand the purpose.

I noticed the instructions have supplemental pages for 80 and 200 series. The parts may be an assortment of items to help with any installation.

Thanks again!

I just realized this is a 100 Series thread. Worth noting that mine is a 200 series, but I suspect much is similar in terms of approach, if not the actual location of the mount points.

I just realized this is a 100 Series thread. Worth noting that mine is a 200 series, but I suspect much is similar in terms of approach, if not the actual location of the mount points.

Very similar in approach. Thank you.

It's getting better today. Required some hole drilling and creative spacing to use supplied bolts.

1625921371074.png

Rail Spacers at the rear mount location.

1625921523829.png

Spacers at the front location. Two bolts for each side.

1625921595908.png

Rails down.

1625921681853.png

Box installed for drawer testing before going forward. Stop here to test drawers for tailgate clearance.

1625921737717.png

As the new owner of BlackOhios truck I can say that I find the drawers height to be rather annoying as I can’t pull the drawer out without it hanging up on the bottom half of the clamshell.

As the new owner of BlackOhios truck I can say that I find the drawers height to be rather annoying as I can’t pull the drawer out without it hanging up on the bottom half of the clamshell.

I had to work through adjusting the height (front vs rear) to make sure the drawers will clear the rear tailgate early in the installation. Using the spacers as shown in the previous post pictures brought the height up so the drawers open and close without rubbing anything.

Lifting the rear of the unit with spacers or washers will allow the drawers to clear the tailgate.

1625921660667.png

I had to work through adjusting the height (front vs rear) to make sure the drawers will clear the rear tailgate early in the installation. Using the spacers as shown in the previous post pictures brought the height up so the drawers open and close without rubbing anything.

Lifting the rear of the unit with spacers or washers will allow the drawers to clear the tailgate.

View attachment 2727381
Thanks for the info, it looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me in terms of tearing it all down in order to add some washers.

Thanks for the info, it looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me in terms of tearing it all down in order to add some washers.

Welcome. Working with all of the 4mm hex bolts during assembly is one of the times when I wish I had a 1/4 inch battery-powered driver. :) That would have made it go a lot faster.

I was just going to send you this. I think I might not have used the front spacers my dude. In-fact, like my old bedslide I didnt bolt hte front down at all as all the load is at the rear, and also I had to re-assemble fast so I could go get stitches in my leg from tearing it open on the drawers itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom