Dobinsons rear bumper fitment (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, looking for some help with fitting my Dobinsons rear bumper with dual swing outs. I installed and adjusted as best I could given the small amount of play in the brackets but still running into issues with the bumper contacting the body panel on the sides (see pics). I’d love to have at least 1/2”between the body and bumper on both sides but no dice. Almost looks like the bumper itself was pinched inward during shipment. Any experience installing this bumper out there? Thanks!!

F5D54B87-B59B-482A-ADFF-5251249A8120.jpeg

4D348418-5512-4E08-B042-D4B8A307131E.jpeg

7C816C27-82EE-46E4-A687-3DC6F4363F14.jpeg

C0CE56EE-6B4D-49DA-BC20-3DC162A610E6.jpeg

8946A967-4AB2-4703-A8D9-E2757618F8B6.jpeg

Probably quality control. Just remove the mud flaps and call it the day or rocks will remove that for you later....

Probably quality control. Just remove the mud flaps and call it the day or rocks will remove that for you later....
Haha the rocks have already removed them a few times, they’re barely hanging on. Any danger to the bumper staying in contact with the body panel?

Haha the rocks have already removed them a few times, they’re barely hanging on. Any danger to the bumper staying in contact with the body panel?
I would like at least an inch of gap between any sheet metal and bumper. So could be concerning, but you should contact Dobinson and ask

The mud flaps aren’t the problem

And yes the danger is rust. That’s already a rust prone area from the inside but continuous contact will inevitably wear through the paint and into the metal and invite corrosion

I’d pull it off as much as it sucks and measure wing to wing and ask dobinson to confirm. I assume that all one piece and adjustment in one direction will make the other side worse.

Maybe reach out to crikeymike or the vendor you purchased from.

Truck looks too nice to accept that as ok.

Thanks all. I reached out to Dobinsons and the US vendor to see what they can do. Really don’t want to pull the damn thing off again but you’re probably right jfz80. Definitely don’t want rust and I’ve been able to avoid it so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom