Dobinson's MRA Extended FRONT Shocks, Install DIY

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Congrats on the installation! Someday I will upgrade from regular IMS to MRR. Mine take a lot of abuse in the rocks. The rubber boot deflects rocks. My LCAs take a lot of rock hits. I have an SPC setup like yours. The rounded ball mount for the rear help it slide over rocks. I think you will like them in Windrock.

1658317382403.png

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
I've seen people buy a brand new 200 series and replace the new OEMs with MRR in the first 20 miles. Must be someting good about them.

1658317668267.png

MongooseGA

Learns things the hard way
SILVER Star
Congrats on the installation! Someday I will upgrade from regular IMS to MRR. Mine take a lot of abuse in the rocks. The rubber boot deflects rocks. My LCAs take a lot of rock hits. I have an SPC setup like yours. The rounded ball mount for the rear help it slide over rocks. I think you will like them in Windrock.

View attachment 3064147
I couldn't remember which ones you had in front already but I knew it was one of the newer sets from them. I know you wheel probably pretty similar trails to me so it's great to hear you've had a good experience with them so far.

Is there anyone else running these MRA in the front on a 100 yet? I can't imagine I'm the first to go all 4 corners, right?

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
I couldn't remember which ones you had in front already but I knew it was one of the newer sets from them. I know you wheel probably pretty similar trails to me so it's great to hear you've had a good experience with them so far.

Is there anyone else running these MRA in the front on a 100 yet? I can't imagine I'm the first to go all 4 corners, right?
I have one of the first sets of extended droop IMS to hit the US. More droop works well in my twisted environment.

Then I run 4 wheelers bumps in the front to soften the compression blow from a jump bounce. My environment is very similar to yours. I'm seeing builds become more regional as we start to learn how products survive different types of abuse.

Berkut10r

SILVER Star

I run them.

MongooseGA

Learns things the hard way
SILVER Star
I run them.
Awesome! What have you found works for you as far as the adjustments go? What kind of weight/ use does your truck have?

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Awesome! What have you found works for you as far as the adjustments go? What kind of weight/ use does your truck have?
Mine are non-adjustable IMS (before MRR).

With me in it weighs just over 7,200 lbs. I was standing beside it when this was taken.

1658318325867.png

Berkut10r

SILVER Star
Since I haven't really "streched their legs" yet, I won't dial them properly until COTR. At least. Bertha weighed in at close to 6800lbs. I moved up to these units from Foamcells, my hopes are high for them. TN will be their first major test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom