Dobinsons MRA - 3-way adjustable struts/shocks w/resi - FJ Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I notice on your website the long travel rears say to be used with timbren rear bumpstops, i have timbrens front and rear (standard hieght) will i need to space them down?
Nope. they should be fine where they are. I have several friends, and customers running the same Timbren rears and the LT rear shocks and no issues, although it's usually with a rear sway bar in place, which could also limit the uptravel. If you won't be running one, you may need to space them down a bit. It would be best to do a flex/travel test once installed and see when the bumps engage (before going offroad), and then extend the bump stops if necessary. They shouldn't need too much, if any.

The *575 shocks are 63mm longer at full compression compared to the regular *701 rear shocks (362mm comp), but a lot has to happen for them to hit full compression too.

Nope. they should be fine where they are. I have several friends, and customers running the same Timbren rears and the LT rear shocks and no issues, although it's usually with a rear sway bar in place, which could also limit the uptravel. If you won't be running one, you may need to space them down a bit. It would be best to do a flex/travel test once installed and see when the bumps engage (before going offroad), and then extend the bump stops if necessary. They shouldn't need too much, if any.

The *575 shocks are 63mm longer at full compression compared to the regular *701 rear shocks (362mm comp), but a lot has to happen for them to hit full compression too.
I will be running a swaybar with extended links, it clicked in my head yesterday that my 100mm extended brake lines should just be enough as the standard rubber lines start to stretch at a extended length of 630mm. Ill be running a dual rate coil similar to the metaltech lt rear coil and i have fixed length offset lower linkages and adjustable uppers both on back order so i should be able to run the a575 shocks with out issue

I will be running a swaybar with extended links, it clicked in my head yesterday that my 100mm extended brake lines should just be enough as the standard rubber lines start to stretch at a extended length of 630mm. Ill be running a dual rate coil similar to the metaltech lt rear coil and i have fixed length offset lower linkages and adjustable uppers both on back order so i should be able to run the a575 shocks with out issue
That sounds like a great setup!!

Do you have tge long travel versions made for you as i cant find any other supplier
Yes, they're made for the US market. I can ship them to Australia if needed.

Dobinsons sale starts Monday the 8th. Click here for full details:

November Sale.jpg

Hate to dig up an old thread, but any updates?
2012 FJ cruiser, looking at the front 700 vs 574 with 302 springs. 574 would be "extended " travel needing diff drop.. decisions decisions...

Hate to dig up an old thread, but any updates?
2012 FJ cruiser, looking at the front 700 vs 574 with 302 springs. 574 would be "extended " travel needing diff drop.. decisions decisions...
These have been available for a few years now. Not sure what updates you're looking for.

If you are going with a taller lift up front, the 574s should be used to they don't top out too often

These have been available for a few years now. Not sure what updates you're looking for.

If you are going with a taller lift up front, the 574s should be used to they don't top out too often
I guess my specific question is looking at the 700 vs 574 with the 302 springs. Have us offroad hidden number winch and superwinch10k, RCI front and trans skid plates. Little over the 110lbs, more like 180lbs. but want to end up around 2 inches in front. Going with Dobsons uca tubular. Extended 574s with diff drop for extra droop, vs 700s up front?

I guess my specific question is looking at the 700 vs 574 with the 302 springs. Have us offroad hidden number winch and superwinch10k, RCI front and trans skid plates. Little over the 110lbs, more like 180lbs. but want to end up around 2 inches in front. Going with Dobsons uca tubular. Extended 574s with diff drop for extra droop, vs 700s up front?
At 2" of front lift, the 700's will suit it just fine. They're suitable for 0-2.5" of lift, while the 574's are for 2.5-3.5" really.

At 2" of front lift, the 700's will suit it just fine. They're suitable for 0-2.5" of lift, while the 574's are for 2.5-3.5" really.
Yeah that's kind of what I'm wondering. Have been in contact with Robinson's direct, also talking to Apache off-road. The 574 is scare me a little bit. Will maybe at the end of the day get an extra inch of droop, have to add a diff drop which I'm not a huge fan of. With a 700 shocks, dobinsons direct has them listed for 0 to 2 inch of lift, have seen others list zero to three inch of lift.

Yeah that's kind of what I'm wondering. Have been in contact with Robinson's direct, also talking to Apache off-road. The 574 is scare me a little bit. Will maybe at the end of the day get an extra inch of droop, have to add a diff drop which I'm not a huge fan of. With a 700 shocks, dobinsons direct has them listed for 0 to 2 inch of lift, have seen others list zero to three inch of lift.
All of the details are here: Dobinsons 1.5″ to 3.5″ MRA Lift Kit Toyota FJ Cruiser 2010 to 2017 - https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-mra-lift-kit-toyota-fj-cruiser-2010-to-2017/

There's no reason to go with the longer travel struts at the lift height you're looking for, not unless you do a lot of offroading where 1" of extra travel will be useful (aka rock crawling)

All of the details are here: Dobinsons 1.5″ to 3.5″ MRA Lift Kit Toyota FJ Cruiser 2010 to 2017 - https://exitoffroad.com/product/dobinsons-mra-lift-kit-toyota-fj-cruiser-2010-to-2017/

There's no reason to go with the longer travel struts at the lift height you're looking for, not unless you do a lot of offroading where 1" of extra travel will be useful (aka rock crawling)
Thank you for the information. To flip it around, what are the drawbacks at going for the extended? Always better to buy/cry once! Thinking the 700s would probably be fine, just want to explore all options, and gather info before making this big of a decision! Thank you very much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom