Dobinsons IMS Shocks - Land Cruiser 100 Series and Lexus LX470 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Shipment tracking information received. Thanks, Mike!

And thanks ownercs! Without your original post I wouldn't have known about them. Got my FedEX tracking number too :)

What the hell...

With a 15% Black Friday discount, I'll try a set of these shocks on one of our 100s.

Ordered.

Package received. I can't wait to see them when I open the box tonight. :)

Package received. I can't wait to see them when I open the box tonight. :)
Got any pics or first impressions of the new shocks??

I'll snap some in the box tomorrow. On Monday I will be taking the TBs, shocks and and the springs to Four Cs for the installation.

I'm going to cut somebody a deal on a set of IMS59-60782 - Front IMS for 0-1.5" lift - 100 Series

for the front.

Here you go.. I like what I see. Beefy and I don't think they will rust.

60782 - Front Pictures

1606313890876.png

1606313943022.png

1606314037658.png

1606313774593.png

Christmas came early...

EC7326AF-F6F5-41A4-ABA7-D0D2709E9802.jpeg

Thanks Mike for the quick ship.

(Whoever stapled up that box needs a raise)

How do these compare to fox 2.0’s
Dobinsons has 2 front options, 1 of them being longer than what Fox offers.

Fox is aluminum, Dobinsons is steel.
Fox are only 2.0's, Dobinsons are 2.6", bigger pistons and body size
Not sure if 2.0's are using a 50mm piston, or smaller due to 2.0" (50mm) body size. Dobinsons uses a 60mm piston with 66mm body (3mm wall thickness)
Both use IFP, Dobinsons using a bigger piston

Maybe someone else that has personally run Fox's can chime in with their opinion (I haven't before).

I can only speak so far for on road performance and I only have the rears installed so far on my 2000 LX470 (AHC removed, OME med 1.5" lift with diff drop and SPC UCAs). I started out with OME Nitro Sports, kind of harsh, went to OEMs nice ride but a little Caddilac like (soft and some body lean in anything resembling a hard turn). OEMs were pretty good off road, had to watch out on sudden descents but other than that pretty good. The Dobinson IMS have way less body lean on road even with just the rears on, comparable to the OME Nitro Sports but much less harsh. I feel the bumps more than OEM but not much. Also wanted the extended shocks for off road. Fronts go on Tuesday. So far very happy with them.

I can only speak so far for on road performance and I only have the rears installed so far on my 2000 LX470 (AHC removed, OME med 1.5" lift with diff drop and SPC UCAs). I started out with OME Nitro Sports, kind of harsh, went to OEMs nice ride but a little Caddilac like (soft and some body lean in anything resembling a hard turn). OEMs were pretty good off road, had to watch out on sudden descents but other than that pretty good. The Dobinson IMS have way less body lean on road even with just the rears on, comparable to the OME Nitro Sports but much less harsh. I feel the bumps more than OEM but not much. Also wanted the extended shocks for off road. Fronts go on Tuesday. So far very happy with them.

Good to know. Which rears are you running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom