Dobinson Universal Wing Kit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to get some Dobinson drawers and, like a lot of things these days, the 100 specific wing kits are on backorder. They have these universal kits Dobinsons Rear Universal Wing Kit only for rolling drawers(DW80-032K) - https://www.dobinsonsdirect.com/products/dobinsons-rear-universal-wing-kit-for-rolling-drawersdw80-032k in stock. Wondering if anyone has gone this route and if so, can you achieve a similar finish in terms of how clean the end result is? I know some of this will depend upon my carpentry skills :oops: . Just curious if anyone has used this particular kit. Drawers/wing kits are hard to come by currently.

Looking to get some Dobinson drawers and, like a lot of things these days, the 100 specific wing kits are on backorder. They have these universal kits Dobinsons Rear Universal Wing Kit only for rolling drawers(DW80-032K) - https://www.dobinsonsdirect.com/products/dobinsons-rear-universal-wing-kit-for-rolling-drawersdw80-032k in stock. Wondering if anyone has gone this route and if so, can you achieve a similar finish in terms of how clean the end result is? I know some of this will depend upon my carpentry skills :oops: . Just curious if anyone has used this particular kit. Drawers/wing kits are hard to come by currently.

I'm sure you can get it to look good enough provided those universal kits are just plywood. Carpeting hides an awful lot of mismatch on contours like that.

Also, regarding availability issues. Not to self-promote, but... uh... I know a guy with a drawer system offering with wings that's not out of stock. And with drawer slides that actually extend all the way out. ;)

Did they give an idea of availability? I didn't remember the wings were sold separately. I think the drawer unit part is the same for 80, 100, and 200 series -- maybe more. It's the wing kits and instructions that differ between models as I recall. I stash a bunch of spare parts, jumper cables, and tools in the wings. Maybe more than I need to carry. Give me a storage drawer, and I'll find a way to fill it.

I'm sure you can get it to look good enough provided those universal kits are just plywood. Carpeting hides an awful lot of mismatch on contours like that.

Also, regarding availability issues. Not to self-promote, but... uh... I know a guy with a drawer system offering with wings that's not out of stock. And with drawer slides that actually extend all the way out. ;)
Just ordered a fob from you, didn’t know you did drawers too. Will look into that, thanks!
Did they give an idea of availability? I didn't remember the wings were sold separately. I think the drawer unit part is the same for 80, 100, and 200 series -- maybe more. It's the wing kits and instructions that differ between models as I recall. I stash a bunch of spare parts, jumper cables, and tools in the wings. Maybe more than I need to carry. Give me a storage drawer, and I'll find a way to fill it.
As I understand it the drawers are relatively available but the 100 specific wing kits are on back order. They just have the universal ones that you trim to fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom