Dobinson rear UCA's installed. Driveline decel vibration solved. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've had the issue with the driveline vibration on decel or when coasting at highway speeds. Put a low mileage TC in just because mines felt a bit rough sine I got it and figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare and eliminate one component. It didn't work but is nicer feeling. The issue was minimal but really showed up when I went from standard OME heavy springs and shocks to J springs and L shocks. I also have 1" packers in but carry a lot of weight. Almost a buzzing noise mostly at 65+ when letting off the gas or going into decel. I've been on mud for a while and had never really seen other people having the problem but as soon as I started looking into it recent posts about the issue started popping up. Found it strange. Anyway, I ordered some dobinson UCA's and adjusted them to .5" shorter then stock to correct the rear pinion angle and there is only the slightest blip of a vibration at one spot on decel. The TC stick was always putting through rough vibrations and you could feel it when the issue occurred heavily through the TC stick. Now there's what I'd call typical vibration coming through the stick when power is being applied and ZERO on decel. I mean it goes completely smooth, pretty amazing.

Did I mention they're beefy.
20210806_114221.jpg

Just thought I'd share
20210804_141218.jpg

Thanks for the insight. I’ve had this problem forever. The only thing I haven’t changed is the upper control arms. I went the with longer lowers but it didn’t make any difference. I guess I’ll be ordering some adjustable uppers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom