Dobinson about to compete with the bp51??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Talked to a rep at expo west. Said they were making a tripple adjustable shock to beat the ome bo51. Low speed compression, high speed compression and one rebound. A triple adjustable shock. Said “3 months to hit market”. I was talking about 80 series the whole time, so i hope he was too. 2.6” diameter shock body and built in, ready to be paired with tapered or slinky’s. He also said they will cost less than the current bp51 price. Guess time will tell on ALL of this info.

An evolution of these you reckon?

An evolution of these you reckon?

Yes, basically what all the high end shocks consist of. Basically a race style coilover without the threaded body.

Oof. I was just looking into BP51s but have yet to find any good real reviews on the BPs. I like the pricepoint vs adjustability on a DD that can also be wheeled. I'd love stage 4 slinky but can't justify 4k right out of the gate.

Oof. I was just looking into BP51s but have yet to find any good real reviews on the BPs. I like the pricepoint vs adjustability on a DD that can also be wheeled. I'd love stage 4 slinky but can't justify 4k right out of the gate.
Im loaded down, so ill need tapers, i think they are less than slinky but made for weight. My springs currently are basic dobinson but ive been impressed with them for how cheap they were. I will buy in stages if i have to, hope a set of 4 shocks ends up 1500 bucks, as i am on the fence about coilovering my front, but bolt on is do much easier. I think the way i am leaning along with delta arms or modified stock arms is a good route. I don’t need a 3 link, but i want one anyway. Adjustability is the key here without have a race shock setup and 4k in shocks.

Im loaded down, so ill need tapers, i think they are less than slinky but made for weight. My springs currently are basic dobinson but ive been impressed with them for how cheap they were. I will buy in stages if i have to, hope a set of 4 shocks ends up 1500 bucks, as i am on the fence about coilovering my front, but bolt on is do much easier. I think the way i am leaning along with delta arms or modified stock arms is a good route. I don’t need a 3 link, but i want one anyway. Adjustability is the key here without have a race shock setup and 4k in shocks.

Yeah i feel you. I'm far from light (well will be when i lift). Front bumper, winch, sliders, RTT, rear drawers and fridge, and eventual rear bumper. Thats making me question what coils i'd even pair with the BP-51. I like the idea that i could go basic dobs then upgrade to these down the road... hmm

Yeah i feel you. I'm far from light (well will be when i lift). Front bumper, winch, sliders, RTT, rear drawers and fridge, and eventual rear bumper. Thats making me question what coils i'd even pair with the BP-51. I like the idea that i could go basic dobs then upgrade to these down the road... hmm
I bought dobinsons off amazon for 165 a set of 2, shipped. Mediums up front, heavy out back. They ride pretty good, unloaded and loaded.

I bought dobinsons off amazon for 165 a set of 2, shipped. Mediums up front, heavy out back. They ride pretty good, unloaded and loaded.
I've got the Flexicoils in the rear. Most of the time the Cruiser is empty but when I'm loaded down, the truck wallows in the rear badly. I was thinking of upgrading to the linear coils in the rear.

The Flexicoils are not the tapered coils but rather the progressive coils. The Flexicoils come in medium, heavy, and extra heavy. There is a pretty sizable gap between the medium and heavy though.

I've got the Flexicoils in the rear. Most of the time the Cruiser is empty but when I'm loaded down, the truck wallows in the rear badly. I was thinking of upgrading to the linear coils in the rear.

The Flexicoils are not the tapered coils but rather the progressive coils. The Flexicoils come in medium, heavy, and extra heavy. There is a pretty sizable gap between the medium and heavy though.
Hmmm, when i talked to the dobinson guy, he said slinky’s were bad for weight, tapers for weight and travel and standard series for basic lift with weight options. I could be wrong though.

Hmmm, when i talked to the dobinson guy, he said slinky’s were bad for weight, tapers for weight and travel and standard series for basic lift with weight options. I could be wrong though.
LOL! I was told the Tapers for weight and the Flexicoils were just ok for weight.

Any update or links on these?

I have the tapered's on mine and love them. Where they shine for me is that they ride great loaded and unloaded and don't squat that much even when loaded.

As for the shocks, the MRRs (mootube remote reservoir - non-adjustable) are available currently in special order. The MRAs (monotube remote adjustables) are the ones they are coming out with this summer. I am definitely interested in these when they do come, especially since they will have shock lengths that pair well with the tapered's...unlike the short BP51s.

Contact @crikeymike since he was very helpful to me when choosing coils....I'll hit him up when it's time for the MRAs!

When they're released (the MRA, Monotube Remote Adjustable, Shocks), then you'll see the info on them, but the first post here pretty much sums it up.

Not specifically trying to compete with one other shock option, but more so making the best possible shock option we can with what the market demands, which is adjustability of the ride control.

LOL! I was told the Tapers for weight and the Flexicoils were just ok for weight.
This is correct. Flexi's for max flex on a light weight cruiser, and VT coils for a heavily loaded one while also giving max flex.

Is there an updated timeline on these hitting the market?

I'll keep an eye on this thread, good source of info. I might want to come down to 3" of lift and would like to use the best springs available for my 7,000# dainty arse. My load never changes, it's always just heavy. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom