Do you live next to a very expensive city? Did you have to move for some reason and can't find a house to rent with garage? (1 Viewer)

Just wondering if any of you had to move for whatever purpose or Reason and are trying to find a house with a garage possibly renting a room because housing is so expensive!? I'm trying to find a combination of both south of Seattle it's pretty tough. I believe a single bedroom apartment in Seattle goes for $2,200 a month.

I used to live in Studio City and paid $2,000 a month for a studio apartment. The average price for an apartment in a nice part of L.A for 2 bedrooms is about $2,800 and as high as $8,000+. It's ridiculous there is no affordable housing unless you live in the ghetto or out in the boondocks where ,I now live.

PNWTreeOctopus

SILVER Star
The northwest has always been short on garages, especially in old neighborhoods. Rental prices are high, but availability is even more of an issue. I love 90 miles north of Seattle. People are fleeing to puget sound. Houses are selling for stupid high prices and very quickly.

lots of people are fleeing CA for WA, it’s not a mystery why the prices are rising. Plus it’s way nicer here...:flipoff2:

your experience seems to line up with what I’m seeing in northern sound. If it’s any consolation my property taxes have increased nearly %80 in the last 4 years!

The northwest has always been short on garages, especially in old neighborhoods. Rental prices are high, but availability is even more of an issue. I love 90 miles north of Seattle. People are fleeing to puget sound. Houses are selling for stupid high prices and very quickly.

lots of people are fleeing CA for WA, it’s not a mystery why the prices are rising. Plus it’s way nicer here...:flipoff2:

your experience seems to line up with what I’m seeing in northern sound. If it’s any consolation my property taxes have increased nearly %80 in the last 4 years!
It rains too much in Washington, I like my state great beaches, surfing, and a stable climate, what I don't like is the management, that being said, I have no plans on leaving. I'm going down with this ship for better or worse. :flipoff2:

Life is good here on the east coast!
I left MD because of the police state it became and moved to VA. I'm on the Northern Neck, where life is very easy and no one is in a hurry.
However the current gestapo that's in power is doing a good job of F'ing things up. Hopefully we will get back to a normal political this year.
At any rate we do have mountains and water to play in.
Bobmo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom