Do the original rear spring isolators wear out? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm getting ready to replace my original suspension coil springs (FZJ80) and wondered what others have found when they pull their springs; do the original spring isolators (rubber cushions) wear out (harden or get crushed) over time?

As a side question, is it correct that Toyota rear coil spring isolators from a 3rd Gen 4 Runner (?years) fit correctly on the front springs of a FZJ80?

Last edited:
Thanks. Just wondering how many others have found deteriorated isolators to help determine if I should buy new ones before I start the spring swap.

At the time I did my lift I already passed 300k miles. All of the rubber on my suspension was replaced with OEM only but funny thing is not a single OEM rubber component was faulty/cracked/split. This includes the spring spacer. It was "mashed" a little but nothing would have caused me to not reuse it...except for the fact I had an OEM new

NLXTACY: did you notice any difference in road feel or vibration that could be attributed to the new isolators?

Has anyone installed 4Runner isolators for the front coils?

It would be impossible to tell. I was on 300k suspension components and 33s going to all new 4" suspension, 35s, DC shaft and all new rubber and shocks. No way I could pin point anything. My truck drives like a dream with no drama/noise/vibration.

Thanks.

Anyone know the details on the 4Runner isolators for the front springs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom