Do the LC's have a fuel pump inertia switch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
guys I searched this site and also googled it trying ot find out if Toyota installed anything to interfere with (shut off) the fuel pump / computer in the event of an accident / airbag deployment.

I know Ford is big on these and a bunch of euro cars, but what about Toyota?

as best I can tell they do not, but I figured I should ask to be sure.

after an accident (w/ airbag deployment), do you have to reset any switches or anything before you are able to drive the truck again?

thanks

Rusty,
South Carolina

Hmm sounds like Rusty is looking at a wrecked rig....;)

I have not heard of one on the 80 (sounds like something the 100 might have), but C-Dan will know 100% for sure. You might want to PM him to make sure he sees this.

Last edited:
None that I am aware of. Christo has spent some time on his side :whoops: and AFAIK he just tips it back on it's wheels and drives on. :D

When Wrench flopped his they righted it, pulled the roof back up with a tractor and he drove it.

Rusty Phillips said:
guys I searched this site and also googled it trying ot find out if Toyota installed anything to interfere with (shut off) the fuel pump / computer in the event of an accident / airbag deployment.

I know Ford is big on these and a bunch of euro cars, but what about Toyota?

as best I can tell they do not, but I figured I should ask to be sure.

after an accident (w/ airbag deployment), do you have to reset any switches or anything before you are able to drive the truck again?

thanks

Rusty,
South Carolina

I'll look in the FSM to be sure, but I'm not aware of any inertia switch. Ford has been using them as far back as 1980 that I know of.

I need to order an EWD from C-Dan, but anyone that already has one could look and see if Cruisers are so equipped.

I'm guessing that if someone wanted to add one....they could buy a Ford unit, find a suitable mounting location and wire it in... so that it powered the fuel pump relay. Of course, you'd have a (F) product on your Toyota and your Cruiser might take offense.

Might be something I'll look into a little later.

TX_TLC said:
Hmm sounds like Rusty is looking at a wrecked rig....;)

well..... actually, I had read about faulty inertia switches causing problems (in mustangs, crown vics, F150's, etc) and wanted to find out if my 96 had one (and if so where was the reset button).

although I still have this recurring dream of finding a low miles rolled 80 series with the 4.2 td, 5 speed, lockers, etc, and talking the guy down to $2500

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom