Do ROW FJ43's have charcoal canisters? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Because mine doesn't...

Pulled off the shield to show the fuel separator, which had been modified into a closed-loop setup. The checkvalve'd line (which would go to the canister) was instead plumbed into one of the three ports on top of the gas tank. The third ballast in the separator, which would normally have connected to that port in the gas tank, is closed at the bottom (either plastic welded or it came from the factory like that). So it's essentially a closed-loop.

What's the best course of action here?

A picture would really help. Or at least would make it fun to dish out hate to the PO.

A closed loop set-up would be pointless unless there's some kind of expansion tank attached. Expanding (and contracting) vapors need to have somewhere to go. Some people just drill out their gas cap to act as a two way vent but that's kinda hoser. I think Canadian spec models run a much simpler evap set-up like without a separator or maybe without the cannister. They might just have a check valve and a hose to the engine compartment or air cleaner. I can't remember right now. See if you can't find an image of the Canuck layout and go from there. You really only want air to come in through the gas cap and vapors to be vented to the intake or way down low and to the rear.

A picture would really help.

I think Canadian spec models run a much simpler evap set-up like without a separator or maybe without the cannister.

X2

Year and market would be a big help as well. If I had connections in Australia fifteen years ago would have tried to buy a 1961 FJ43 that was on eBay AU. There is no one size fits all on the 40 series. Just because one year had something doesn't mean all years and markets did. If I owned a non US imported 4X series that was never imported to the US I would learn how to research the vehicle. Would be surprised how over time could easily find answers.

Were the FJ43s imported to Canada. The site I use to search doesn't show mid wheel base 4X series being imported to North America. Other than a few early sixties Australia which was Toyota's biggest market for the 40 series didn't get the mid wheel base. Most I've seen here have come from South America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom